Home

People have played the game and interviews have been made but...

This is a discussion on People have played the game and interviews have been made but... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2007, 05:52 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: People have played the game and interviews have been made but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Why is there still comparisons from three years ago? I've never played "2k5", but I've played all their other sports games. Yes, presentation is nice, but after the 4th or 5th repeat of halftime or after game stuff, I start to click out of it. It gets tiring and old sometimes. Plus, in my world, not everyone else's world, the Clark Kellog shows are long where I don't have the time to put in over an hour to play a game plus presentation.

Many folks said the same thing with the James Brown studio. We don't want that, it's getting old, tiring and I don't have the time to play. Let's get rid of Madden/Summerall, let's get rid of Madden/Michaels. Let's get rid of radio guy. Is there really any happiness to the moves that EA makes?

I've been a Madden PC gamer forever and back to the ambulance days of Sega. Boom, he'll remember that number. Speed kills. They take out features in the PC versions as well. The PC community was always complaining because the consoles were receiving the goodies and the PC community were having goodies taken away.

This reminds me of the HH days. Gameplay was all about HH, but presentation was not. I really didn't care for any other game but HH. HH had it's flaws too, mound visits, the disappearing act of balls in Wrigley, no fatigue, no manage mode, and no online. However, inside the chalk lines, HH played a very good game. I tried HH on PC a year later, but I just couldn't get into it. I tried MVP, and to many who may be surprised, I couldn't get into MVP either.

However, after that, I have moved on. HH wasn't the Holy Grail of baseball video games and neither was MVP. Madden isn't the Holy Grail of football games, and it appears 2k5 wasn't either.

I would think the videogames have to be different to set themselves apart from each other, right. If we had the same presentation styles to similar games, wouldn't that get boring after awhile? Just like when I click on the button to skip forward.

Instead of comparing games from yesteryear, shouldn't we wait 90 days before the games come out and rent and buy them to our hearts content? Yes, I know EA has had three years to progress, maybe, just maybe, this is the year in gameplay.

I hated last years Madden on the 360, but I loved it on the PC. Madden/Michales were still on the PC. I traded in Madden about a month ago on the 360 and my son said, Dad, where's Madden? Needless to say, I had to go out and get a used one.

There's still 90 days left. There is still time to enjoy the summer, play some baseball and NCAA games before we start thinking Madden.
Well since you never played it I guess I should tell you that in about 90% of the cutscenes when you do click out of it you still see the scene it's just minimized so you can see your plays.And also 3 years later I`m still seeing new cutscenes and hearing new commentary from 2k5 every now and then.2k5 may not have been the holy grail but it's damn close.
Old 05-26-2007, 06:40 PM   #98
Pro

OVR: 11

I have to say this after reading through 10 pages of arguing...

I don't think anyone really cares who makes a football game. Some people like Madden. Some people like NFL2k5 and some people (including myself) play them both!

We all argue because we want them to combine all of what is good and fix all that was bad so we have our perfect game!

Since we only have one licensed NFL game I think everyone comes down now much harder on EA because we want them to include the things that we really injoyed in 2k5.

I think MLB2k7 is a great example. Whether you were a MVP fan or a 2k fan this game seemed to combine alot of those games efforts. The results is a pretty good playing and looking baseball game.
Old 05-26-2007, 09:35 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 6

Just a heads up, Coogr has a great post in the weather channel thread which quotes an LA times article which address some presentation type items other than just the weather. I know most of us, no matter what type of gamer we are, dont' really care about the weather channel so thats why I thought it'd be pertinent to post on this thread.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:04 PM   #100
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Refresh my memory, how was NCAA's presentation better than Madden's? I am with you I liked NCAA much more than Madden (WIth the exception of NCAA '05), but I don't remember the differences in presentation. Other than the pre-game stuff.
College fight songs, Game day commentators, Gameday pregame, PA announcer for when you played cupcakes on the schedule, some signature entrances.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #101
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMEC0CK2002
College fight songs, Game day commentators, Gameday pregame, PA announcer for when you played cupcakes on the schedule, some signature entrances.
I guess people are going to be pleased that 08 is going to have the pregame show as well as player entrances then. No fight songs although the chargers song there never really gets old.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2007, 01:12 AM   #102
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverdawk
Well since you never played it I guess I should tell you that in about 90% of the cutscenes when you do click out of it you still see the scene it's just minimized so you can see your plays.And also 3 years later I`m still seeing new cutscenes and hearing new commentary from 2k5 every now and then.2k5 may not have been the holy grail but it's damn close.
I think that's great, especially if gameplay and presentation click togather. However, based on the posts in here, it doesn't appear either game was close to perfection or the holy grail in one gatagory or other.

I think one of the posters said it correctly, in the end, we all want a good game to play.

90 more days to find out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »