Home

New Madden Screens

This is a discussion on New Madden Screens within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 11:55 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 22
Re: New Madden Screens

Madden dont have nothing to worry about really.. though the madden legend pic's clearly show there is still tension between the two.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:00 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling2k
All they've done is show legends from the back?? Those might just be CAP players... let's see a head shot w/o a helmet.
I don't care about what the players look like without their helmets.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #19
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFan
I don't care about what the players look like without their helmets.
To be completely honest close up screen shots or kinda useless anyway. So they might as well show of the graphic engine if they are gonna show these close up screen shots they look weird to me anyway

P.S.
One thing I dont miss about 2k football is the reaction of people on how EA is gonna outsell 2k... like that was ever gonna change. I think EA could lose the liscence and still outsell 2k for the first year purely off of name recognition

Last edited by BigTigLSU; 06-06-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:15 AM   #20
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling2k
All they've done is show legends from the back?? Those might just be CAP players... let's see a head shot w/o a helmet.
Who gives a **** what they look like without a helmet?
Old 06-06-2007, 12:29 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

All this talk about Hit Stick 2.0, and they show a linebacker going low on Barry Sanders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2007, 12:47 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverend_heat
I see they still have those damn vertical bars on the linebacker facemasks, why EA, why, seriously, why? And how about an actual face shot of the legends
Because they most likely dont look anything like them... HA do you think EA had Sanders come down to do face shots, nope, he walked into the 2K offices. EA is just blowing steam, hot air, its kinda funny too.

I hope EA doesnt add legends this year, why even bother. I can picture it now, If you want to play with real NFL players, Play Madden... If you want to play with real legends, Play 2K. No one is going to buy Madden to play with legends! And no one is going to buy 2K, to play with real NFL players (for the most part, depending on the customizing options, but doutful).

I really dont understand what EA is trying to do hear, this is as ridiculous as 2K putting out a screen shot of L.Tomlin on the SD team and L. Jonstone on the KC team, showing them running with no face shots.

HA, EA is so childish.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:54 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Okay, im not the smartest man in the world, but....

Why would NFL have the rights to use Payton and Sanders, if those players signed a contract to be in 2K's game? I dont know the extent of the contract, but i would assume by signing with 2K, it would say that they cant be in any other game. Unless NFL just has pull like that. I dont know, but it is a honest question. You think after all 2K did just to get legends, their contract would at least have exclusive rights to the legends for the amount of time.

I mean i dont know, its just a thought. It would be so funny if EA says well, we dont really have legends, but you can create them if you want, thats what we did. HAHA. I dont know, it just sounds fishy, i would assume 2K would be smarter than that. Unless theres something im not aware of.

Last edited by dbshady; 06-06-2007 at 01:19 AM.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:07 AM   #24
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
Okay, im not the smartest man in the world, but....

Why would NFL have the rights to use Payton and Sanders, if those players signed a contract to be in 2K's game? I dont know the extent of the contract, but i would assume by signing with EA, it would say that they cant be in any other game. Unless NFL just has pull like that. I dont know, but it is a honest question. You think after all 2K did just to get legends, their contract would at least have exclusive rights to the legends for the amount of time.

I mean i dont know, its just a thought. It would be so funny if EA says well, we dont really have legends, but you can create them if you want, thats what we did. HAHA. I dont know, it just sounds fishy, i would assume 2K would be smarter than that. Unless theres something im not aware of.
I agree. It would seem logical that 2k would have wanted exclusive deals with those legends. Maybe those screens were were just EA's way of saying, "Up yours, 2k, people can create all your legends on our game and have them in their proper unis.''

In the end, who gives a rat's arse. Just shut up and give us a good game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »