Home

Madden's Fans look bad on Next Gen systems!

This is a discussion on Madden's Fans look bad on Next Gen systems! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Madden's Fans look bad on Next Gen systems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
Im not saying they lied, but some aspects of gameplay are indeed the same. Some of the same problems (suction blocking), many on the same glitches, same money plays, same jet packing, a lot of the same animations.. things like that. Yes each year of next-gen these thing are being eliminated (maybe because of much more capable hardware). If the president of the US can lie and get away with it im sure EA can. Many game have said they have started over but how many truly mean it? In the end the game is making strides from year to year and i hope this continues so we can have a better end result rebuilt or brand new...
As has been said, just because some of the same issues exist doesn't mean it's the same engine. And your statement about the president of the U.S. lying is both factually incorrect and unproven assumption but also going into T.O.S. violation here because no political talk is allowed FYI so further talk about it can get one into trouble. 'Nuff said!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-07-2007, 12:58 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash22
Im not saying they lied, but some aspects of gameplay are indeed the same. Some of the same problems (suction blocking), many on the same glitches, same money plays, same jet packing, a lot of the same animations.. things like that. Yes each year of next-gen these thing are being eliminated (maybe because of much more capable hardware). If anyone in the US can lie and get away with it im sure EA can. Many game have said they have started over but how many truly mean it? In the end the game is making strides from year to year and i hope this continues so we can have a better end result rebuilt or brand new...
I have to say this to me is the perfect post. Its balanced between skepticism and optimism. I personally don't think the engine is something that EA would lie about though its just not important enough to most consumers. They could skew the amount of time and effort it'd take to address the issues but they stated from go that they were tearing everything up and attempting to rebuild the game for the next gen systems so they wouldn't necessarily have to lie about using a new engine when they were admittedly starting over. They could've just as well been starting over using the old one. Bringing this back around to the fans in the game, I think the quality and depth of the fans on the first 360 version was amazing but I never saw them because I couldn't get past the atrocious gameplay and lack of meaningful francise mode. If its an either or, I think EA has chosen the right focus.
Old 06-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam780
I have to say this to me is the perfect post. Its balanced between skepticism and optimism. I personally don't think the engine is something that EA would lie about though its just not important enough to most consumers. They could skew the amount of time and effort it'd take to address the issues but they stated from go that they were tearing everything up and attempting to rebuild the game for the next gen systems so they wouldn't necessarily have to lie about using a new engine when they were admittedly starting over. They could've just as well been starting over using the old one. Bringing this back around to the fans in the game, I think the quality and depth of the fans on the first 360 version was amazing but I never saw them because I couldn't get past the atrocious gameplay and lack of meaningful francise mode. If its an either or, I think EA has chosen the right focus.
Pretty much nailed it. We've been lied to year after year, but at least this is the first year that EA has addressed their problems and haven't covered them up with BS excuses. At least they're taking a head-on approach with it this time around.

And sticking to the thread, the horrible crowd was the first thing I noticed when I saw the pictures. I don't remember the last 2 games having bad crowd graphics -- it seems like they've downgraded drastically. Is it really so hard to have good graphics AND gameplay, EA?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2007, 02:40 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
We will see when AP2k8 releases........
I second that.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:11 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

It hurts to say it (I'm a diehard 2K Fan), but the Madden 08 title looks to seriously be a good game. The gameplay videos truly showed how EA wanted to address the collision issue. That means hard hits on the field. This is a good year for all gamers!!!

Quick question (PM me if you want), did the issue of the runner getting stuck behind the lineman get fixed? That just happened to me 20 minutes ago and made me shut off the game. I had a huge hole. Anybody heard anything?
"Check out my game reviews on www.Popcultureshock.com": http://www.popcultureshock.com/index.php?author=84

Phi Nu!!!!
Old 06-08-2007, 07:44 PM   #38
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodc3
It hurts to say it (I'm a diehard 2K Fan), but the Madden 08 title looks to seriously be a good game. The gameplay videos truly showed how EA wanted to address the collision issue. That means hard hits on the field. This is a good year for all gamers!!!

Quick question (PM me if you want), did the issue of the runner getting stuck behind the lineman get fixed? That just happened to me 20 minutes ago and made me shut off the game. I had a huge hole. Anybody heard anything?
The same new animation system that makes gang tackling possible should also make mario running a thing of the past. Ian Cummings said as much a while back, and so far everything he's spoken of on the gameplay front appears to be coming to pass.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:48 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by linwoodc3

According to Ian Cumming's interview he said that is gone. He said power backs would push the pile forward and scat/speed/athletic backs would slide off to one side using an animation to move forward. Now with that being said I hope this really does show up in the actual game because I could swear in the past that they've said this would be gone before.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-08-2007, 09:18 PM   #40
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Madden 08 does not have a new engine its the same engine as last year the dev team are just adding more things to it like they planned to do all along.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »