Home

New Madden Producer Blog with Video

This is a discussion on New Madden Producer Blog with Video within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #65
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: New Madden Producer Blog with Video

Although, the field degreadation was a bit much, I was happy at the fact that the players were FILTHY to go along with it. In Madden '07, I hated seeing sparkling white uniforms on muddy fields.

By the way, the gang tackling animations were SWEEEEEET!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 21

Nice vid. Looks like tightening up all their loose ends this year. This years game looks like it may actually deliver.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 11

Check out the last part at the 30 second mark (Broken Gang Tackle). Did anybody notice that after he broke the gang tackle, LT did a juke and started to drag a defender while another defender was racing to help out? That would've been TWO gang tackles in one play. I think Cummings stopped it because that would've been too much of a treat.

Last edited by blackngoldfan; 06-09-2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:03 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Beautiful. Animations are very well done, and transition wonderfully. Aw hell I'm gonna be broke soon.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:47 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackngoldfan
Check out the last part at the 30 second mark (Broken Gang Tackle). Did anybody notice that after he broke the gang tackle, LT did a juke and started to drag a defender while another defender was racing to help out? That would've been TWO gang tackles in one play. I think Cummings stopped it because that would've been too much of a treat.
Good eye man.......
Old 06-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Looks good.

I doubt they are going to get it to the level that 2K has it this year, but it's certainly an improvement.
Um ...

You saw the 2k8 trailer, right? To honestly say at this point based solely on gameplay trailers that 2k8 is even CLOSE to what we've seen on Madden is nonsensical.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:24 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFan
Um ...

You saw the 2k8 trailer, right? To honestly say at this point based solely on gameplay trailers that 2k8 is even CLOSE to what we've seen on Madden is nonsensical.
And since all we have seen is one 2k8 trailer to say the opposite is nonsensical too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #72
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Yeah, I like the effort but it's not truly what everyone would consider gang tackling. I cant necessarily make a definitive statement on it since that is the only video that has been seen but it seems as if it's more of a tweak.
If those arent' gang tackles then what the hell do they look like.

Quote:
The runner is getting tackled by one person and that initial tackle seems to be the only tackle to really affect anything. The "gang tackles" just seem to be in place of what has happened before where you would bounce/slide off the canned animation. It seems as if it's like someone is initally getting hit with a water ballon and is taken aback by it, and all the other subsequent balloons are just exploading on impact (unlike in the past where they would just bounce off).
You say the initail tackle seems to be the only one affecting everything but the video clearly tells a different tale. In the very first gang tackle in that video LT being tackled by one defender and LT's momentun is driving them both forward when M.Huff comes in hits LT thus driving him backward from Huffs momentum.

Quote:

What I expect to see from gang tackling is one defender's tackle actually slowing down the runner while another defender comes on and grabs/tackles on while the runner has to be a bruiser to really keep going.
You will see this alot in the game with the bigger stronger backs like LJ, L.Maroney, and R.Johnson. Players height and weight have been taken into account this year with the animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »