Home

Best in show: EA3.......

This is a discussion on Best in show: EA3....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 03:27 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Best in show: EA3.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
http://insider.ign.com/articles/798/798113p1.html

Madden 08

It was a real joy to see a next-gen (though it's time we start referring to it as current-gen) Madden game finally coming together.
See what I have in bold.

When will the rest of the world figure it out
Old 06-25-2007, 03:33 PM   #18
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
So why put the 2K comment in bold?
Read my post and stop being a spaz. I said "Statements like this" hence the bold.

At any rate I've found IGN and 1up to be the most accurate on reviews over any other Major site, Gamespot to me is easily the worst
(but at times certain reviewers there seem to look at games the same as I would suprisingly). - But they all seem to give "higher reviews" to games that they get to preview exclusively or earlier than the other guy, and nobody is totally unbiased.

At any rate at least we all agree on letting gameplay speak for itself and hopefully this wont be another Madden 360 letdown.

At any rate if this year's Madden actually is all that the developers are claiming it to be how many 2k die hards will actually give it props? To me loyalty to a specific company is just stupid as this market is currently in flux and all of the developers are in it for the money.

EA has made a crappy Madden for the last 2 years for the 360 - no doubt.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 06-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:12 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

It's all about access and getting games early. The only way IGN would ever give Madden a bad score is if Madden caused the 360 to turn into a transformer and kill the gamer.

I would say there's a relationship between EA and IGN in that EA gives them access to the game early. Whether because of the how much ad buys EA has or fear they won't get early access, IGN doesn't bad mouth the game even if they want to.

I don't know how bad IGN is, whether or not more ad buys for IGN gets better reviews and previews but at the least IGN suffers from hype-itus. Hype equals inflated scores. Great games that fall under the radar get lower scores.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:13 PM   #20
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

Can't wait.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #21
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Ah yes ign giving madden a decent score because the get the game early lol.

But anyway I wouldn't trust one review site alone I look to see if multiple reviewers have the same things to say about a game, movie, car, etc....

I just don't trust the opionon of one person or site but anyway Madden 07 had an avg. review of 81% from gamerankings.com and ign gave the game a 8.5 thats not to far off from what 56 other gaming sites thought about the game.

Thats only a 4 point difference from what other reviewers thought about the game hardly a conspiracy theory if you ask me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 04:24 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Madden will be alot better than it's first two installments on Xbox 360 and it's one installment of PS3. But as per has 2k comment. I think this was a good year for them to come back. It's not like they are behind on animations, double team blocking, gang tackling and the like. It's not like they are behind on the online features that online gamers like either. Will 2k get eaten alive in sales, not even a question. But is their game so far behind EA's that it makes no sense for them to put out a game this year? Nope. Alas both games should be good. Can't wait to play.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:29 PM   #23
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
At any rate I've found IGN and 1up to be the most accurate on reviews over any other Major site, Gamespot to me is easily the worst
Videogame journalism itself is shaky at best, unfortunately. They all have their issues, but IGN is flat-out horrible with sports game reviews imo. I think they do a pretty good job with regular games but for sports games historically they've sucked. They're good for media; that's about it

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 06-25-2007, 04:38 PM   #24
Tebow is Chuck Norris

Well it's all a matter of opinion, personally gamerankings.com is a great site imo since it takes all the reviews and compiles them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »