Home

Best in show: EA3.......

This is a discussion on Best in show: EA3....... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Best in show: EA3.......

http://insider.ign.com/articles/798/798113p1.html

Madden 08

It was a real joy to see a next-gen (though it's time we start referring to it as current-gen) Madden game finally coming together. Videogame football looked like actual football again, and moreover it actually felt like real football too. EA Sports showed off a new weapons system for their heralded footballer, along with a bevy of features that we grew accustomed to in last-gen versions of the game, but were absent in the series' rocky start on current-gen. There are also new achievements to be earned within the confines of the game. Things like building your own championship ring piece-by-piece through things that you do on the field and earning trophies for player accomplishments that you can then bet online or when you're playing locally against a buddy.

Easily the greatest addition to this year's game, is the overall control that you'll have over the players. While the right analog stick can still be used to juke fools out of their shoes, the responsiveness of the general movements opens up a whole world of user-created jukes to talk smack about. Despite my high hopes for All-Pro Football 2K8, I think that 2K Sports simply picked the wrong year to breathe new life into their football franchise. Also, be sure to check out my full hands-on preview.

Nothing to bash 2k about, because I'm excited about APF2K8 and will purchase it also - but statements like this really make me excited for this year's Madden. Hopefully the hype meets the game this year.

Last edited by MaddenMan; 06-21-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 01:48 PM   #2
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Best in show: EA3.......

I have trouble trusting IGN's opinions on games. Call me crazy, but every year they say something like this about Madden. Game play vids from both games need to come out. 2k needs to quit slacking and deliver some gameplay vids now.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #3
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I am looking forward to both games and I personally don't think we would have seen this much improvement in Madden had APF2K8 not been in the works. I am sure EA knew about APF long before we did.

As far as IGN goes, didn't they give Madden 06 on the XBox 360 great reviews? I don't trust that site at all.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:02 PM   #4
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab
I have trouble trusting IGN's opinions on games. Call me crazy, but every year they say something like this about Madden. Game play vids from both games need to come out. 2k needs to quit slacking and deliver some gameplay vids now.
I seem to remember 2K saying they were supposed to show some vids this week. If thats the case, tomorrow would probably be the day since they started the whole football friday thing years ago.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methlab

i agree.....i never ,ever,ever!! trust IGN reviews,previews or opinions on any game, especially sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #6
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

The thing for me is, I'm really stoked for madden this year from what i'm reading and seeing, and I'm a 2k Football fan since dreamcast, I most likely will but All Pro 2k, buy I may not, not having the real teams in the game and the real players now will bother me sooner then later, thats just me.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_president
i agree.....i never ,ever,ever!! trust IGN reviews,previews or opinions on any game, especially sports games.
True. IGN is only good for whetting your appetite since they are able to get some early info and vids on games.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:13 PM   #8
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

I think the fact the vids from IGN feature some of the sloppiest human-controlled QB and RB play of all the vids we've seen says all you need to know about those guys.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »