Home

99 Rated players

This is a discussion on 99 Rated players within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 99 Rated players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Then what would be the point of having 1-100?
Hate to break it to you, but that question doesn't even make sense. But I'll try to answer it for you anyway. Simple, it woulnd't be a 1-100 rating system, it would be 1-90. And maybe 2 or 3 players would be above.
Old 06-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Steve Smith .. umm how in the hell did he get a 99 .. he's a 90 to me
C'mon man. Steve Smith a 90? We are talking about a WR that has no legitimate #2 on the other side and does work constantly vs. double and triple teams with Jake Delhomme throwing the ball. Smith is beast, I wouldn't say 99 beastly but 96-97 easy.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #19
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I swear games need to do away with overall ratings; because now people argue who should and shouldn't be a 99 and when in fact each position's attributes are weighed differently.

I notice someone said that Walkter Jones shouldn't be as good as Peyton; well they play 2 different positions. SHouldn't even be compared.

Overall ratings need to go man.........but I forget we always have to be "fair" to you damn casual gamers.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:11 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Then what would be the point of having 1-100?
Yeah really, somebody has to be at the upper end or you have to change the upper end. Polamalu is too high, I agree with the rest of y'all, he should be about 93 or 94 is right...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-24-2007, 11:29 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbshady
What? He's a good young player. But he's not better then Harrison, Ocho Cinco, Steve Smith, Torry Holt or Owens. He is definitely not a 99, so I really don't know what kind of love your looking for in this thread. He will be a top 10 WR in the game, but he would be around the 7-10 spot. Id still put players like Reggie Wayne and Donald Driver before him, IMO. He should be up there, no where near a 99, but somewhere between 91-94.

Those are good numbers, man. Everyone want's a 99 these days. 90-99 are good ratings. Anything over 85 is definitley a threat in Madden if you use the player correctly. A 95+ rating shouldn't just be handed out.

Everyone of those guys you've named have played on better offenses than Andre...All I am saying is that...no one has even mentioned him. Not like he has other guys to help him, a Oline to allow him to run deep routes, or even another WR to take pressure off of him...but he led the league in receptions last year with 103...so I thought maybe he'd should get some type of love. I mean if you were to judge the skills he has that matter to WRs(Route Running, Hands, Speed) he'd have probably 86 in speed, 95 with hands, and about the same with route running...with that said, dude is a beast, IMO anything below 94 is criminal...

Not saying he is better than those guys you have named, I think given the guys around him he could be...I mean Reggie Wayne and HArrison has PEyton Friggin Manning to throw to them. Chad Johnson has TJ to help him out, Holt has had Isacc Bruce alongside of him and Bulger(I guess Warner for what it is worth.)

Andre Johnson...he's been on a team with the worse Oline, a shell shocked QB because of the Oline, and never another WR teams had to worry about. The only other weapon he has had to take some pressure off of him was D.Davis for what...about 2 years, and if I remember correctly he was injured one of those years. I think if he were to play on a team like the Pats, or Chargers, he'd finally be realized as a top 5 WR. Just my thoughts on why he deserves some love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Everyone of those guys you've named have played on better offenses than Andre...All I am saying is that...no one has even mentioned him. Not like he has other guys to help him, a Oline to allow him to run deep routes, or even another WR to take pressure off of him...but he led the league in receptions last year with 103...so I thought maybe he'd should get some type of love. I mean if you were to judge the skills he has that matter to WRs(Route Running, Hands, Speed) he'd have probably 86 in speed, 95 with hands, and about the same with route running...with that said, dude is a beast, IMO anything below 94 is criminal...

Not saying he is better than those guys you have named, I think given the guys around him he could be...I mean Reggie Wayne and HArrison has PEyton Friggin Manning to throw to them. Chad Johnson has TJ to help him out, Holt has had Isacc Bruce alongside of him and Bulger(I guess Warner for what it is worth.)

Andre Johnson...he's been on a team with the worse Oline, a shell shocked QB because of the Oline, and never another WR teams had to worry about. The only other weapon he has had to take some pressure off of him was D.Davis for what...about 2 years, and if I remember correctly he was injured one of those years. I think if he were to play on a team like the Pats, or Chargers, he'd finally be realized as a top 5 WR. Just my thoughts on why he deserves some love.
I understand what you saying, hes a great young WR, I already said that. But he is not better then 7-8 WR in the league, so IMO opinion he doesn't earn anything higher then a 94-95. Yes, he plays with a bad team, but that is the game of football.

Almost every running back in the league, could be better, if they ran behind a better line... thats true... every WR can be better if they had a better line and QB... thats true... but thats not the way the NFL works. Im sorry, we have to base our ratings on how much a player produces on the field, not with what we think he can produce if Peyton Manning was his QB. All that is just speculation, not reality. Andre Johnson, is on the Texans, they don't have a good offense, im sorry, thats just they way it goes. He led the league in receptions, yes, and got 1150 yards and only 5 TD's on the season (he was also 11th in yards, and not even in the top 30 in TD's, he hasn't had a double figure TD season in his career).

Mike Furrey, from DET, was 2nd in receptions (5 behind), does he deserve a 95?? Absolutely not. So, im sorry, it doesn't work for AJ either. IMO he is a top 10 WR, as I said, but he shouldn't be higher then a 94-95, at least not yet. Giving him the 94-95 is giving him more than he might deserve stat wise as it is, because people do respect his skills. Mike Furrey, won't get near a 95, not even close (because he doesn't have the noticable skills of a AJ). Another good season from AJ and then we'll see. But he is just not (yet) as good as the top 7-8 WR in the league, whether they play on a better offense or not, so anything over a 94-95 would be impossible for him to get. If your a a 90+ WR in Madden, your a good WR. Like I said, everyone feels like they need a 99 to get some respect. 90+ rating in Madden is very respectable. So lets not say, that no one is giving him any love, we are, hes just not a 99. Hes not a dominate player, hes a great player, but to get a 99 you need to dominate. Manning and LT, they dominate. Yes, they have a better offense (mainly because they dominate, they make others better), but for AJ to become a 96-99 type player, he needs to dominate, and for whats its worth (team, qb, line, whatever, it doesnt matter), he needs to dominate, and he hasn't (Im not saying he can't, he just hasn't yet). Until he can find a way to dominate for a couple of years (go to a better team, find better players, whatever), then and only then will he earn his 97-99. IMHO.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:22 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

For guys like Ed Reed, Urlacher, and Polamou, why shouldnt they get 99s. What part of thier games are lacking?

Reed and Polamou are smaller and not huge hitters, but tehy more than make up for that in speed and playmaking ability, and in no other category are they lacking.

Urlacher's only weakness has been block shedding, but its not so bad that it takes away from his speed and intensity as well as his range and tackling ability
Old 06-25-2007, 09:44 AM   #24
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I don't think a 99 for different positions means that you can acurately compare these players to each other.

For instance a 99 RB is MUCH MUCH more valuable than say a 99 punter (if there was one).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »