Home

FAIR PLAY MODE?

This is a discussion on FAIR PLAY MODE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2007, 11:24 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: FAIR PLAY MODE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
Something......Anything.......

Needs to be done about the 20 yard drop back. It is probably one of the most annoying things about playing this game online.

And with the game not having a pocket again this year..... some kind of code needs to be put in this game to prevent people from abusing this part of the game. The engine EA uses is very poor in regards to preventing this.
AMEN!!!!...100% yes....

Holding is THE answer to this particular style of "gameplay" that is so prevalent online. O-Linemen simply CANNOT block for such an offensive "strategy" (besides pointing out that no QB could ever actually play like that or throw accurately downfield liek they can on the game).

Thankfully - hopefully? - in 2008 this should be a bit better as the QB speed differential is lessened by not having the QBs being so much faster than nearly all DL and LBs (but my experience was on Heisman difficulty at Community Day NOT on the gimped out AA level - and in 2007, Heisman difficulty is much better than AA too)....

A permanent fix is to increase the number of penalties called on guys who continually deviate from a normal football offense. Holding. Illegal man downfield. Clipping. All of these should go up exponentially the long a player is scrambling behind the line.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: FAIR PLAY MODE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
I hope not,with fatigue being a factor this year I don't think it will as easy to convert 4th and 10.I could be wrong though, but I love when people go for it on 4th and long,those are the easiest people to beat.
church!

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »