Home

My god this game looks awsome

This is a discussion on My god this game looks awsome within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: My god this game looks awsome

i always hope for the best from madden, but the past 2 years have scarred me pretty bad from next gen. I've been a regular madden guy since ps1. Me and my dad would take off work(or he would, during the summer when i was in school)and play madden and gameday during the ps1 days and pick which one we liked the best, and usually play that game. It always was madden. Then we decided to try 2k games, and it ended up being madden again. But the last 2 years, we've played madden on the day it came out, and then....it kinda collected dust. It wasnt fun. The control on next gen never felt right. I decided to give APF2k8 a try, and absolutely love it. I'll rent madden this year with the hope its a BIG step up from the last 2 years. I agree somewhat with the original poster that it looks awesome in some areas, but the gameplay footage from E3 kinda made me shake my head and say "same old hype, bla bla bla". Im looking forward to getting my hands on it though after playing the NCAA demo. Go videogame football!!!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:04 PM   #50
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: My god this game looks awsome

Seen the videos and, on the surface, there doesn't seem to be many differences. The presentation is exactly the same (those stupid giant inflatible helmet intros....ugh) so I'm expecting to see that scoreboard with the graphics circa 1970 to indicate first down, etc.

In the sports videogame landscape of today there just won't be enough changes from year to year to really warrant the $60. That's why I like to switch games after a couple of years. I played Madden from 2001-2003, then switched to NFL2K up until 2K5. I might even do that this year with the NBA series. I know NBA2K7 was probably the best bball game ever but it got just a little stale for me after a while. So to regain my hoops jones, I'm thinking of switching to Live this year....have mercy on my soul.

Too bad I can't really do that with football. I loved the 2K series but, yes, I am shallow. I need the NFL license. I can't get into a non-licensed game. I love the players but I root for the laundry. Here's hoping that the 2K resurrection will help inspire the guys at EA to deliver even more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »