Home

Jags vs Colts Masterbit Theater on IGN...Downloading Now

This is a discussion on Jags vs Colts Masterbit Theater on IGN...Downloading Now within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2007, 04:42 PM   #49
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Jags vs Colts Masterbit Theater on IGN...Downloading Now

That wasn't impressive at all...But it's the only NFL game in town and I need to play with my Raiders so I'll be in line at midnight this August...

Madden'07 was almost a decent game so if '08 is even marginally better it will be good enough to give me my NFL fix...If all else fails, I have no problem going back to the PS2 version...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 07-22-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 5

Looks better than last year but I can't stand the throwing motions or the lack of pocket presence. APF 2k8 has me spoiled with these two essential things in a football game. The way players get tackled seems more like two people bouncing off each other rather than good wrap up tackles or smooth gang tackles. I liked the way Manning did his audibles and presentation seems a little better but still far from where it should be. Im on the edge of buying this game and will probably rent ncaa 08 soon to see if I even like the engine.
Old 07-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

I bought Madden 07 and it was ok.I just finished watching video 1 and video 4,I have to say after watching for 16 minutes I just found this game to be super boring and it plays just like last year.I don't see myself buying this years game.NFL or not after playing 2k8 I have learned that I don't need the nfl to enjoy a game of football.Good luck to all that buy this years Madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2007, 07:59 PM   #52
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
After watching that full game in HD it sure does smell the same. I don't know if it tastes the same but I'm sure it will be close to the smell. I actually was looking for all that stuff that EA Blog was bringing out but nothing stood out to me.
Imo there's a pretty big difference between the blog video and the known 360 video. The more I see the more I think they used Madden 08 PC video for the blogs. I could be wrong, but those vids had a different graphical feel. I remember someone wondering if it was current gen at the time; now I think that's the reason why it looked familar to some people.

The Tony Bruno audio just drones on - it makes already suspect presentation in the game that much worse imo. Not necessarily his fault - there's a lot of dead air quiet time. IGN kept running the Ask Madden option between plays - guess they'll do anything to prop the game up lol. Even in-game replays seem weird because there are no comments being made

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #53
Rookie

simsdog's Arena

it just looks so boring..like a chore to play through a game, and the gameplay looks like the same as last year....i think its time to get some new talent working on these games, because there is absolutely no innovation, and ideas for each years new game have become stale, i really think if the 2k guys worked for ea the game would be significantly better and im not a 2k fanboy at all, they just have better ideas of what football fans want.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:57 PM   #54
Pro

OVR: 7

Playing APF2k8 and seeing this video makes me depressed. THat whole NFL license crap...imagine what VC would have had without that greedy deal. We would have one hell of a video football game.
Im sorry but these exclusive sports licenses should be banned.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:35 AM   #55
Rookie

Geez, I guess I'm the only one who liked what they saw in this video. I am also out of the country and haven't been able to play 2k8. Here are my impressions

- For those wondering why Bob Sanders was a smart safety and and not a hard-hitting safety...he is most certainly both. He laid the pine a few times. I loved it.

- In one of the blogs they talked about there being a pocket this year I think and that there would definitely be benefits to staying in it. I did NOT see a pocket but the pass blocking was better and there DOES seem to be benefits to actually staying in the pocket, so I guess thats an improvement over last year. It was nice to see Leftwich buy himself time w/o escaping the "pocket".

- I still don't really see speed rushers having a big impact. I'm going to watch the videos again but I would think that having two weapons on the d-line would have created more pressure.

- Running on the Colts D was very easy. The Jags were getting about 6 ypc(atleast) on them it seemed. A little exaggerated but realistic I think.

I think with the proper sliders this game will be amazing. I couldn't be more excited to start my Raiders franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2007, 01:13 AM   #56
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Would it be so hard to EA to go and get at least the starting QB's to do voice overs for their own personal QB cadense. Also go get some of the star players to do voice over and use them in the game as trash talking. And im sure EA could program it into there game to have certain players be able to trash talk back and forth, if that makes sense. I didnt mind the videos and I will be buying the game, hope they added a little something extra to the super bowl. Just give me something so it feels like I accomplished something special

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »