Home

Question about this game

This is a discussion on Question about this game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question about this game

Hi everyone. I never usually play video games but my wife got me a xbox 360 and All pro football earlier this month. Now Im not that interested in other modes like franchise or superstar I just like playing a couple games with my buds.I played football up until a couple of years ago when I graduated college and I think APF is a real good representation of football.

However people keep telling me that Madden is way better but can anyone tell me what makes it better. I think I want to get this game too so any thing you guys tell me will help me out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Question about this game

Nice wife. That's some coin to drop if you don't play video games. Its hard to give you the strengths of Madden when its not out yet. We could give you the list of features (or you could read through the posts) but my personal opinion is its probably best to wait the two weeks and rent the game and then decide if you want to buy it. If you're just into playing a game here or there I don't think there will be significant difference.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

hmmm good point I think I will rent it but the features just tell about the stuff that has been added since previous versions...which I have not played so it doesn't really tell the whole story but thx.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I'd say Madden is more "mainstream" especially for pickup games with your friend (2k has a little bit more of a learning curve). But I'd personally feel better to try both games, either by renting or demos since there is a big following for both series.

I personally have been disappointed in Madden the last two incarnations for the 360 and was a huge 2k fan, but this year's APF football imo suffered in the same way Madden 06 did when it first hit a new console. Too many small bugs/etc but APF 2k9 will be smoking imo.

At any rate gratz on a cool wife and hope you can decide on which game you feel more comfortable with by mainly I'd say try/get both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »