Home

can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it?

This is a discussion on can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2007, 01:57 AM   #65
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: can we hold the dev's responsible if we don't like it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Considering the leap NCAA took this year it's unfair to judge this Madden by previous year's maddens
Even though I don't think that NCAA made a giant leap at least in gameplay, it is unfair to judge but considering that Madden has a history of being a dissapointment(in my opinion) there's nothing wrong with this topic.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 AM   #66
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Even though I don't think that NCAA made a giant leap at least in gameplay, it is unfair to judge but considering that Madden has a history of being a dissapointment(in my opinion) there's nothing wrong with this topic.
I guess we just disagree cuz in my opinion NCAA took a huge leap this year in gameplay from the previous years.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-04-2007, 05:37 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
I guess we just disagree cuz in my opinion NCAA took a huge leap this year in gameplay from the previous years.
NCAA 08 didnt take a "huge leap" this year. It took a HUGE LEAP back to what it was last gen.

I will give them credit for having the good sense to at least REimplement all the Last Gen features to Current Gen, but how long are we gonna have to wait for something truely NEW from EA ?

If EA didnt sell any other game but Madden, they still bring in enough loot to hire a football team of programmers, graphics artists, sound people, whatever they need to work round the clock on this game. EA started all this, they are suppose to be the industry leader. WHY is it then that 2K a smaller company does MORE with LESS ?

If you love the game thats cool, but to make excuses for the current condition of this game compared to the light of the other game "shining so brightly doing much oh so rightly" is .....treasonous, LOL.

Ill use 2K5 and AP2K8 as an example. Look at 2005. Both games implemented play maker controls that year. Both had franchise modes. 2K5 ALSO had a whole other mode of football with the first person mode, The Cribs, and The ESPN presentation was the BEST EVER in the history of football games. Tell me if I am wrong but dont those guys develope on planet earth like the devs at EA ? Time does not slow down for the 2K devs does it ? Why can they do so much in a dev cycle with less loot than EA ?

Lets move forward to this year. AP2K8 despite not having a NFL license had to dream up a new league and go out and sign 240 ex-NFL players. Their game has EVERY feature(gameplay wise) that Madden 08 will have, they improved their core gameplay on their game FIRST outting on the next gen systems, the presentation though not what it was is STILL better than anything EA has produced EVER, gave you online leagues, and a system of putting those teams together that adds great dimension the the strategy of the game. ALL DONE for the FANS who were crying there was no more 2K football. They freaking burped a new game that holds its ground againsts what EA has ever done.....without a franchise mode or a NFL license mind you.

2K games are NOT perfect but this discussion aint about being perfect this is about devs bringing to the community what the public is asking for. What happened during those years from 2002 to 2005 where the presentation and gameplay elements could have been improved on, but instead we were getting MADDEN CARDS and mini games ? Who on those dev cycles put that stuff "high on the list" of what needed to be added to the game ?

3 years into Next Gen and we are finally getting Madden 2006 Last Gen and some of yall are calling this a HUGH LEAP, LOL. "New Gang Tackles", LOL 2K had that 4 years ago.

I will say this in defense of EA, without exception they do these things VERY well:

Game Menus
Practice mode
Play calling interfaces
Franchise modes
Old 08-04-2007, 01:57 PM   #68
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
No NCAA 08 IS one of the best football game si've ever played and continues to be very very enjoyable in the long run ontop of the editing fetures and everything else it offers it is very deep that way too...

I started this thread asking myself "why are we being given a slightly improved product?" and now with reading everyones thoughts it's kinda clear...

it's very hard for a dev to make anything under a deadline...
Old 08-04-2007, 02:13 PM   #69
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Co-sign
Old 08-04-2007, 11:43 PM   #70
Pro

OVR: 6

Ugh. I was making a try at getting a laugh out of you. Its ironic because the disgruntled Madden fan (you) was praising it for something where the apologist (me) wasn't.

For reference, I've included the Wikipedia link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Now I may have misused the word, I'm not sure, but I dont' have time to read the entire page to see.

This post has turned a bit chirpy though. Everyone knows where I stand, I don't think I need to keep on posting the same replies.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:46 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
You Red Sox fans should get along!
It was a lot easier when the Yankees were competitive but we need something to kill the time until the postseason.

Yes I know thats going to come back to bite me in three weeks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2007, 11:48 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:
I really don't have to say it but I agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »