Home

Defensive Playmakers (New Video)

This is a discussion on Defensive Playmakers (New Video) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Defensive Playmakers (New Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I understand you can audible to it. You can audible to almost any combination if you had time. But your opponent has to let you. My point is that I'd like to call this stuff in the huddle like in real life. NFL players don't create defensive calls on the fly. If a WR is going to be doubled, everyone knows it before the huddle is broken.
Its only a quick press of the analog stick up....And actually, in the past on the current gen you could hot route your safety to double team but you could also make it so that he didn't run over there until the ball was hiked.....Just like you could keep your corners on the outside when the opponent came out in goal line...I understand what you're saying but it doesn't take very long to do the basic coverage audibles....Now, when you have to actually click on a player and then choose what you want him do, I agree that takes time and thats what you'll have to do to double team....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #26
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by timid
In that case, you can just coverage audible to have your safety play the middle of the field......On current gen it was just the analog stick up for them to play the middle, and left or right to roll coverage to either side.....
All that's good and well but only if EA changed the way the CPU runs thier O. Right now you barely have time to get on the man you want to control before the ball is snapped..

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 08-03-2007, 06:59 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
I'm probably in the minority but Madden doesn't look "great" to me. Animations for the most part are terrible again. ie the shoulder tackles and the "2 players run into each other and they both fall back onto the ground".
These problems are also in NCAA.
I'll still have the game day one but I'm not expecting it or touting it to be the "great" game some think it is.
Honestly, I don't think you are in the minority that think Madden doesn't look good. I've never seen so much apathy towards Madden like this year. I don't mean the usual anti-Madden stuff but rather people are just getting Madden fatigue.

And EA isn't dropping the "killer features" for the game. That's the most disappointing part. What are they doing with the 100 million Madden takes in?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »