Home

Madden Community Day Questions August 9th

This is a discussion on Madden Community Day Questions August 9th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2007, 01:48 PM   #1
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29
Madden Community Day Questions August 9th

Community day has been finalized for Madden this year myself and other community leaders will be in Orlando from August 8th to the 10th with hands on time being all day on the 9th.

Producers will be there to talk about the game and answer some questions but I do not have a list of how many and if any of the online guys will be there.

Just like the NCAA a trip I plan to focus most of my time with the game on game play and a little owner mode.

I'm also going to focus on how this game has improved upon last years effort and how it plays in contrast to NCAA08 so ask away guys.

(O yeah I have the questions from the other thread also.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden Community Day Questions August 9th

QB animations...should be the first question out your mouth about '09.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:08 PM   #3
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakedowncapo
QB animations...should be the first question out your mouth about '09.
I always find it funny that what some developers value so highly is completely ignored by others. Brinkman goes to 2k to work on the MLB game and he can't stop talking about wanting to get little details into the game like correct windups, cap tilts, and whatnot to immerse players and EA just seems to be happy with their latest facial scan technology. The different QB voices was a very very good step but they need to go further with the idea. Considering they're stressing the on the field style you would think this would be a priority but I guess not. It seems to me that they just don't want to fully commit in any direction. It's kind of like they think of cool things they want to put in and do those but don't have any sort of central plan for where they want the game to be in the future.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:23 PM   #4
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Has the turnover issues (esp. CPU throwing too many INTs) been addressed and fixed? and if these are the same guys that work on NCAA... will there be a patch out for NCAA to address these same issues?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Since some of the guys from ncaastrategies.com made the folks at EA aware that there's a market for coach mode during the NCAA Community Day, I figure there's been enough time to atleast implement to auto-throw into Madden. Can you check to see if coach mode or QB auto-throw are in?

Thanks,

NoleFan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 4

can you change uniforms online?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Lets play, 10 questions. HA, thanks Russell, I appreicate it, Have fun with the game.

1.) What does the Edit Player contain? Equipment, Ratings, Info, Apperance? For example, Edgerrin James doesn't have dreads, he does in the game? is that change-able?
2.) Alternate Uniforms, Confirm if they are in the game or not?
3.) Trick Plays, will they also be available in Madden, or just in NCAA?
4.) How does the Marshell Faulk pre-show look? Its it cool, lame, just okay?
5.) Is the Depth Chart fully customizable, can we put Devin Hester at WR (if hes not already there, or anyone for that matter). Can we put a WR at QB (Brad Smith - Jets), or is it still up to the EA default Depth.
6.) Ive seen a lot of people, even Willie Parker getting chased down in Video's, im all for the fatigue, but do RB's get chased down a lot? It happens, but not as often as I see it in some of these video's.
7.) Did they leave those solid grey Face for players who don't have a picture in the player profiles (I saw it in the ratings video), or did they add the helmet of the team, like last year (I hope, or at least just the logo, not a grey statue.)
8.) Do the players fumble a lot, NCAA, there are more fumbles then last year, is Madden the same?
9.) Can the shotgun sound be turned off, as well as the wheapons logo's, or the pre-play audiable text? Can that all be turned off, or no?
10.) I need one more, I don't have... Is this game awsome?
Old 08-02-2007, 03:57 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Same questions I asked in the older thread:

1. Are game generated drafts more realistic? Last year's version had 20 or so DE's being taken in the 1st round.

2. Will the CPU actually consider their depth chart more in deciding what positions to draft early? Last year the AI routinely would draft a QB in the 1st round even when they had a young promising QB such as Eli Manning (he's at least promising in the game last year) on the roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »