Home

SportsGamer.com has the game

This is a discussion on SportsGamer.com has the game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 09:35 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: SportsGamer.com has the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinkdog
This is exactly what I've been trying to say for the past month and everyone thought I was crazy. If you really look back at Madden '01 for PS2, it's almost the exact same game but with some graphics tweeks.

I'm so glad other people are starting to see this too!
It's not the engine, it's the programmers. The engine is new but the same people working on it are making some of the same issues appear on this engine as the old one. It's never going to change, if you don't like it then you should check out 2K's game.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
I agree 100%. All they are doing essentially each year in this series is patching the previous years game. The engine they are using is so outdated and broken in soo many ways that the gameplay and the series progression has suffered big time.

Every year the game doesn't take huge leaps because, I do not think it's much else they can do with a engine that's been around it 'seems' forever. They add weapons but, kickers can still kick to the back of the endzone at will and FG's are still too easy. I thought the weapon feature was suppose to separate long distance kickers vs. average kickers?

With that being said as big a staff that EA has working on this title every year, there is no excuse for this game on NextGen to have no refs, no chain gang, no FG nets, and no presentation. Three years in on NextGen consoles.

They supposedly focused on gameplay only this year so, the consumer will have to wait another year for presentation etc? That's total BS.

It's amazing how this game is a best seller every year. Just goes to show that EA's marketing is 2nd to none within this industry.
I'm not going to argue but I'd like to go through one thread without this.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
This is exactly what I've been trying to say for the past month and everyone thought I was crazy. If you really look back at Madden '01 for PS2, it's almost the exact same game but with some graphics tweeks.

i agree wth u EA needs to try something different.think outside the box for once.some may not like the 2k sports games but they at least try switching things up
Old 08-05-2007, 10:08 PM   #76
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

You are not the only one. I brought up the whole scrap the current engine and build a new more physics and momentum based one, and I was ripped for suggesting it.

Also to whoever was mentioning it, the graphics engine is indeed new, but the one that controls the other aspects of the game are not, its obvious based on how it plays very similar to last gen.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:19 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 1

I am upset by the rumored laggy online play.

Where are leagues?
Old 08-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #78
MVP

OVR: 12

One camera angle really hurts the game. Considering the view of the video game, especially a football game, affects the game play overall. I don't know how anyone can find that acceptable.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-06-2007 at 12:28 AM.
Old 08-06-2007, 12:51 AM   #79
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
One camera angle really hurts the game. Considering the view of the video game, especially a football game, affects the game play overall. I don't know how anyone can find that acceptable.
You get used to it. I used to play on zoom and I've been playing NCAA took a second to adjust but its not as bad as I thought.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 AM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran
I am upset by the rumored laggy online play.

Where are leagues?
NCAA isn't laggy for me, it's an ISP thing, not an EA thing. I hear some people complaining about NCAA online is so laggy but it's not at all laggy, it plays online 99% of how it plays offline for me.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »