Home

The face on the info bar:a possible explanation?

This is a discussion on The face on the info bar:a possible explanation? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 10:05 AM   #17
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: The face on the info bar:a possible explanation?

In-game advertisements are generally ignored by most players, read last months issue of EGM they had a full article regarding exactly this.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:48 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
How do ads make the game less sim? EA and all sports games have constantly created fake ads to make the stadiums more realistic. I don't see what the problem is with real ads as long as they don't do what NBA2k did with the long, drawn out advertisement after a fast break.
I'm on the same page. Personally, I'd prefer the guy to fit bar and not stick out so much but we really don't need this innocent FYI post to turn into another bash EA thread. And not to mention that everything in sports is sponsored.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
DickDalewood

OVR:

Personally, I find it pretty funny how upset people get over advertising. Is it slightly... odd looking? Yes. Does it really matter? No.

I agree with Favre... I think sometimes people will just look for any little thing they can to bash EA.

PS: Nice find to the original poster.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:37 PM   #20

OVR: 34

2K Sports does something very similiar with MLB 2K7. It's actually a neat feature. When the game goes online, it updates to a new add. I was playing a game online and noticed the new McDonald's add in the backdrop behind the catcher.

If it's done tactfully, it's nice.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:59 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
2K Sports does something very similiar with MLB 2K7. It's actually a neat feature. When the game goes online, it updates to a new add. I was playing a game online and noticed the new McDonald's add in the backdrop behind the catcher.

Agreed, but a big ugly face down there at the bottom of the screen looks terrible and isn't tactfully done. I like when they put ads in sports games, especially when they are well done. They can really add to the immersion in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2007, 01:07 PM   #22
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell

I like the way MLB2k does advertisements the best but hate the way NBA2k did it.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #23
MVP

Gary Armida's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Granted my whole argument could all be moot if EA drops a great game on the 14th. I hope they do.
And this is the only thing that matters to me.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1

The problem is this is where it starts. If this is successful they will put more and more until it's in the way of the player.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »