Home

Exclusive Madden 08 video.

This is a discussion on Exclusive Madden 08 video. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2007, 07:24 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Exclusive Madden 08 video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberOneRB
Why is that so hard to believe? If the developers feel that it would be better all-around for the game to be originally ported from the PS3 to the 360 to optimize the game on both systems, why would that be unfathomable?
Sales numbers.

I admire PS3 owners with sticking to their guns and going down with the ship. I also admire that undying optimism PS3 owners have... but we've gotta be realistic. No company is going to put as much effort into a product platform that has such a tiny share of the market like the PS3 does.

I've seen the PS3 version videos of Madden and it doesn't look bad at all. However, when it's live the difference will definitely be there. 30FPS to 60FPS is a big difference. When playing Madden 07 live and then playing NCAA 08 live on 360, the difference in smoothness is undeniable. This just isn't Sony's generation. They just didn't get it done the right way and developers are showing how they feel in the way they are treating the development of the games. I don't think the 360 is the greatest thing ever either (because it's not), but at least MS had enough sense to split components up and charge a price that could come down to earth in a timely manner. At a minimum of $500 + tax for a new PS3, there is nowhere to go but down both literally and figuratively. The used market for PS3 stuff is all but nothing, so you'll more than likely have to pay a lot to get one. I got my 360 on eBay for $61+ shipping (came to about $83) and it was a Premium. It just needed a minor tweak, and after I did that it's been working like a brand new system. I would never be able to get a PS3 at that price used under any circumstance.

Quite frankly, I think developers like EA are making smart business decisions by not putting everything into PS3 titles. I think the developers have looked at history and realized that the PS3 is following in the footsteps of mistakes from past generations. They figure, heck, it's going down in flames, it has a small market base that we can't profit as much from, so why waste the resources? I agree with them. It sucks for PS3 players, but business is business.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #26
SXL
Rookie

OVR: 3

i love know it alls lol, anyways im excited for madden for the first time in 2 or 3 yrs. I think most of the tackling animations are nice, all cant be perfect, and i love the gang tackles, they were well done in NCAA and i expect to see more in madden.

NOT FEELIN ME/ FINE/ COST YOU NOTHIN/ PAY ME NO MIND.

JAY Z

Last edited by SXL; 08-06-2007 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:14 PM   #27
MVP

mdgoalie37's Arena

OVR: 11

I think some of the hits result in too sudden of a knockdown, guys just don't go straight down on their backs all that often. At least it doesn't happen with pancake blocks any more (in NCAA anyway). The ball carrier needs to be 'struggled' to the ground, not blasted to his back.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:41 PM   #28
MVP

BSanders's Arena

OVR: 11

I returned Ncaa 08 for the 360 and bought it for the Ps3 for the simple fact that EA games freeze up on the 360 and I haven't had one freeze up on the Ps3 so I'll take lower fps over freezing any day. Comparing 360 to ps3 is like comparing Xbox to the ps2 it will have the same outcome in the long run...Hey you can still always get the 3 year warranty for the 360 to fix your problems down the line.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 PM   #29
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
Sales numbers.

Quite frankly, I think developers like EA are making smart business decisions by not putting everything into PS3 titles. I think the developers have looked at history and realized that the PS3 is following in the footsteps of mistakes from past generations. They figure, heck, it's going down in flames, it has a small market base that we can't profit as much from, so why waste the resources? I agree with them. It sucks for PS3 players, but business is business.
Could this be a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Given:
1) the possibility and generally agreed upon superiority of the PS3 system
and
2) the notorious unreliability of 360s

Things might be different if developers put the effort into PS3 games, and as a result, we saw the system perform near its level
Old 08-06-2007, 11:44 PM   #30
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

[technical mumbo jumbo]

PS3 is harder to optimize the game for than 360... simple as that. get used to it PS3 fans... almost every Multiplatform game released to date looks better, has better anti-aliasing and has a better frame rate. there also is slightly more RAM available on 360 due to the OS and the 360 unified memory an EDRAM framebuffer add to that ease.

As devs figure out how to get the SPUs to help the RSX to equal the Xenos and perhaps surpass it, then things will start to even out.

by next years version I expect both to be running at 60fps. It has nothing to do with lack of effort, just that PS3's power is closer to X360 than Sony fans want to admit and the 360 is easier to get the advantages form becasue they are hardware related. Cell and the SPUs require more programming to get the power from them.

[/technical mumbo jumbo]

Last edited by Klocker; 08-06-2007 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 7

Thats the japs and their complicated structure trying to be the almighty thing when its just hype. I do like the blue ray but too expensive price point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2007, 06:27 AM   #32
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucs44
Thats the japs and their complicated structure trying to be the almighty thing when its just hype. I do like the blue ray but too expensive price point.
No one needs to comment on this post. It's been taken care of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »