Home

Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings

This is a discussion on Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 08 Countdown: Player Ratings

Man, this guy is harsh. Edgerrin James didn't fall off that much. The man ran behind brick walls all season in the desert.. and still managed to get over 1,000 yards, something a RB hasn't done in ARZ since 1998 (for the last 10 years!). The All-Time leading rusher in NFL history couldn't even get over 1,000 yards when he was there! (Emmitt Smith, nor did Thomas Jones).

Edge had 1,159 yards his first year in ARZ behind the worst offensive line in the NFL... and still managed to finish 12th in rushing last year. Give the man some credit, at least the benefit of the dout. JMO.

Last edited by dbshady; 08-08-2007 at 11:29 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:48 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I can't wait to see the Saints and Bushs ratings. Bush better not be rated higher than Maroney.
He is Bush is an 88
Old 08-09-2007, 12:15 AM   #59
Rookie

Deelron's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
The only problem I have is the fact that Carson Palmer is a 54 in speed. He ran a 4.54 40 at the NFL workouts. They make him out to be Drew Bledsoe. Im glad we can edit ratings this year. I can't wait to see the Saints and Bushs ratings. Bush better not be rated higher than Maroney.
According to the SportsGamer Chart:
Bush = 89
Maroney = 85

On the plus side, Maroney's trucking (90) and stiff arm (97) rock for an 85 overall.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:48 AM   #60
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

I'm upset with the Raiders defensive ratings, but I'm not very good at going on rants so I'll just get to the point:

The Oakland Raiders finished last season ranked as the 3RD overall best defense in the league: http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...r?sort_col_1=4

So let's see how Madden reflected last years great season with their overall ratings:

LB's:

Morrison - 88
Howard - 82
Williams - 78

Do those ratings reflect a LB core that was largely responsible for the 3RD best Defense in the league? NO! Howard had 100+ tackles yet his awareness is only 70?! Morrison is a top5 MLB yet his awareness is only 82? And Sam Williams has ratings that make him look like he shouldn't even be a starter; that's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Then if you look at the LB ratings for teams that finished in the middle of the pack on D, their LB's are rated in the mid-80's and 90's...Damn shame...

S's:

Huff - 86
Schweigert - 85

At face value these numbers look fine, then you look at their AWARENESS rating and see that Huff was given a 66 and Schweigert was given a 73. Our Pass-D was rated #1 in the league, so how do the two safety's who played a large part in that end up with 66 & 73 for their awareness? HELLO! 66 & 73 for the two safety's who played for the #1 pass-D in the league?! I can't even find a suitable emoticon to express the levels of distaste that I have for this non-sense...

Looking at these numbers you would think we finished 20th in defense; thank God these can be edited because those blasphemers at EA have failed to accurately portray the 3RD best D of last season...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

Last edited by DLaren; 08-09-2007 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:21 AM   #61
Rookie

Flip31's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbartlett_32
The only problem I have is the fact that Carson Palmer is a 54 in speed. He ran a 4.54 40 at the NFL workouts. They make him out to be Drew Bledsoe. Im glad we can edit ratings this year. I can't wait to see the Saints and Bushs ratings. Bush better not be rated higher than Maroney.
Bush > Addai > Maroney > Jones-Drew

i think they overrated Jones-Drew, but Bush should definitely be the best back out of these bunch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 03:02 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I'm upset with the Raiders defensive ratings, but I'm not very good at going on rants so I'll just get to the point:

The Oakland Raiders finished last season ranked as the 3RD overall best defense in the league: http://www.nfl.com/stats/teamsort/NF...r?sort_col_1=4

So let's see how Madden reflected last years great season with their overall ratings:

LB's:

Morrison - 88
Howard - 82
Williams - 78

Do those ratings reflect a LB core that was largely responsible for the 3RD best Defense in the league? NO! Howard had 100+ tackles yet his awareness is only 70?! Morrison is a top5 MLB yet his awareness is only 82? And Sam Williams has ratings that make him look like he shouldn't even be a starter; that's wrong on so many levels I don't even know where to start. Then if you look at the LB ratings for teams that finished in the middle of the pack on D, their LB's are rated in the mid-80's and 90's...Damn shame...

S's:

Huff - 86
Schweigert - 85

At face value these numbers look fine, then you look at their AWARENESS rating and see that Huff was given a 66 and Schweigert was given a 73. Our Pass-D was rated #1 in the league, so how do the two safety's who played a large part in that end up with 66 & 73 for their awareness? HELLO! 66 & 73 for the two safety's who played for the #1 pass-D in the league?! I can't even find a suitable emoticon to express the levels of distaste that I have for this non-sense...

Looking at these numbers you would think we finished 20th in defense; thank God these can be edited because those blasphemers at EA have failed to accurately portray the 3RD best D of last season...
That is not fair to Huff with only 66 awareness. He should at least be higher than Schweigerts.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:22 AM   #63
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

I dunno, Bush probably should be rated higher than Maroney. The two really big questions about the Patriots going into the season are their secondary without Asante Samuel and if Maroney is as good as some people seem to think he is. Remember, he didn't finish last season very strong and had an injury issue too. Now he's got to be the primary back as well with Dillon gone. He's also going to benefit greatly from the Pats having such a deep receiving core because defenses are going to have to pay a lot of attention to Moss, Stallworth, and Welker (maybe Watson if he feels like catching instead of dropping this year). All that should open up the run and make him look a bit better than he really is...
Old 08-09-2007, 06:07 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip31
Bush > Addai > Maroney > Jones-Drew

i think they overrated Jones-Drew, but Bush should definitely be the best back out of these bunch
Long term, I think Maroney will have a better career but I can't argue that Bush should be rated higher.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »