Home

Video comparision of PS VS 360 madden 08

This is a discussion on Video comparision of PS VS 360 madden 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 03:54 PM   #41
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Video comparision of PS VS 360 madden 08

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Thats what I saw, The 360 version looked so clean and clear, and the PS3 looked quite dull, like some of the lights were off.

It's the case with NCAA '08 as well. I had the PS3 version until I got my 360 back from being repaired and purchased the 360 version. I am so glad that I did. Brighter colors and smoother gameplay on 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2007, 06:36 PM   #42
Banned

OVR: 9

I saw very little difference in those videos. Matter of fact, I had to strain my eyes and stare at it with my nose like 5 inches from my puter screen and still didn't see much of a noticable difference.

Here's what i do know, I like the PS controler better and I know that there's a limited possiblity of my PS3 dying on me just like my 360 did. I can't afford (emotionaly ) to not have Madden for 3-4 weeks while my console is being fixed (just like my 360 is now). I'm going with the PS3 version. Not to mention, NCAA and AP Football played just fine for me on PS3, no complaints. Leading me to believe that this FPS agrument is WAY overblown.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:39 PM   #43
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Holy Cow Batman,

I noticed a major difference! But, I have always had a problem when frame rate is weak. In fact, I am so susceptible to poor frame rate that I have gotten nauseau from some shooters before that ran at a poor frame rate.

I have both a 360 and a PS3, and was hoping to buy this for the PS3 because of the problems I have with my 360 occasionally giving me a dirty disc error on NCAA Football 08 (I also bought this for the frame rate of 69fps). But, if it truly is as noticeable as it is in this video, I am glad that I reserved the 360 version of Madden. I thought last years Madden was better on the PS3 because they fixed the fatigue problem, and it had some gang tackling (I had both versions, and enjoyed the PS3 one more). Oh well, EA needs to develop Madden for the PS3 independently, and not port it over. Or is the problem the GPU on the PS3? I would venture to guess as a former software engineer that they would have to do more work to use the cell CPUs to take over for the lack of GPU size on the PS3, but it really is just EA not devoting the resources for the PS3, and just porting.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:43 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 5

I have seen and played both versions of Madden this year, and I honestly could not tell a single difference. Maybe I am not as susceptible to noticing frame rates, but I honestly cannot tell a difference.
Old 08-10-2007, 11:46 PM   #45
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Radioactiveman,

You are one of the lucky ones unlike me, that can't see differences in frame rate as easily. To me, it is the difference between watching an old silent film to watching TV. I definitely agree with you about the 360 performance issues. My first 360 worked fine for a year (although it got so hot, I could heat a trailer home), and then out of the blue it just quit working one morning. I don't play a lot anymore, because of having a child and the nature of my profession, so it probably would have died if I played daily, like I used to. I was actually hoping to buy it for PS3 for this reason, and the fact that I do like the controller a little bit better (but I miss the awesome rumble (the best rumble of all time) on the PS2 controller. Anyway, more power to you if you can't see the difference, but I think it would bother me. Plus, I just don't think it looks as good (if this video is accurate that is).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 12:30 AM   #46
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Thats what I saw, The 360 version looked so clean and clear, and the PS3 looked quite dull, like some of the lights were off.
I have the PS3 version, and for the most part the gaphics look pretty good. Definitely not as clear as the 360 though and I just don't understand why, but it mainly happens during the cut-scenes when players are getting up after the play and talking trash. It almost seems like something's broken. It just gets blurry/out-of-focus. Like the depth of field affect you see in the game, but since the players are the focus of the camera, it shouldn't be there...
Old 08-11-2007, 08:57 AM   #47
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deelron
Only if that was feasible. The point really was that throwing out things like "reviews bought and paid for" or "could have been x" with nothing attached really serves no purpose overall. People have vastly different viewpoints on everything from movies to books and even to video games, even if you can't see how they came to that viewpoint, and it doesn't need to be rationalized by some baseless speculation, just accept it for what it is.
I am not going to "accept it for what it is" when I've seen NCAA 2008 on both the 360 and PS3 on HDTV and saw hardly any difference, if you go 2 feet up to the TV and stare pretty hard you may see a brighter green grass but the difference is hardly noticeable. In that video comparing madden there was a NOTICEABLE difference which makes me believe it was tainted in some way. If you take every single thing in life for what it is it means you are pretty gullible.

Like I said, you'd have to see for yourself by viewing both games in person, on the same TV.

Last edited by BigL; 08-11-2007 at 11:08 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »