Home

Madden 08 By the Numbers

This is a discussion on Madden 08 By the Numbers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:12 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Madden 08 By the Numbers

GameTap has a story with the top 10's by position along with funny comments from players about their ratings. Jeff Garcia feels underappreciated.

http://www.gametap.com/home/read/art...1447715e7e097f
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2007, 07:18 PM   #2
R**k**

danqb11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden 08 By the Numbers

I think they need to get ride of the ratings system and do something like 2k or how bout just doing something different for a change.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 10

The rating system just creates to many problems. If someone is off by one point then they don't play realistically.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by danqb11
I think they need to get ride of the ratings system and do something like 2k or how bout just doing something different for a change.
I think Madden could be more interesting if ratings were hidden and all we had to go by was the Read and React system. Going from my understanding that it's based off of the current player ratings (and possibly assigning players to tiers, a la All Pro, but there could be a different way to differentiate two players with the same traits but one is an All Pro and another isn't), it'd have to give a little more leeway than only classifying the elite players at a particular skill to allow for more players to be given traits, but I've always wanted to play a Madden franchise where I didn't know exactly how good a player was at any given time. Players without any of the Read and React traits would have some sort of baseline attribute levels and then one of the various types of players that the PS2/XBOX Maddens use to have (Scrambler QB vs Pocket Passer QB, Coverage Linebacker vs Pass Rushing Linebacker vs Run Coverage Linebacker, etc.)

It'd simple things down and help add to the chess match dynamic that EA is trying to create with Read and React.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think they do them now to stir debate.

since when did gametap have articles? I saw there all pro review yesterday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 02:40 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

I don't know why they think Thomas Jones deserves top 10. I live in Chicago and watch all the sports and I think an 86 is generous to him.
Old 08-09-2007, 09:15 AM   #7
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

He's just off the edge of WRs at 93 but I think Moss is going to need to be tweaked down a bit. A 93 is just too high considering his last three years. I think he's going to be good this year but there's a difference between good and 11th best in the league. 88 or 89 anyone? Bring down his speed just a little bit and his awareness?
Old 08-09-2007, 09:28 AM   #8
MVP

ausar72's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComfortablyLomb
He's just off the edge of WRs at 93 but I think Moss is going to need to be tweaked down a bit. A 93 is just too high considering his last three years. I think he's going to be good this year but there's a difference between good and 11th best in the league. 88 or 89 anyone? Bring down his speed just a little bit and his awareness?
I dunno man. he was a great receiver, but he was playing for the worst team in the league with a horrible quarterback situation. He's now going to one of th best teams in the league, with arguably the best quarterback not named Peyton.

I think they are giving him the benefit of the doubt. People seem to forget really how good Randy Moss was.

We shall see though...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »