Home

Do you think EA is going prevent professional reviews before the release date.

This is a discussion on Do you think EA is going prevent professional reviews before the release date. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2007, 10:20 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Do you think EA is going prevent professional reviews before the release date.

Hi happy_accidents. Is your nickname based on the movie of the same name? One of the coolest movies ever!

that nobody's seen.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:28 PM   #10
Pro

Badboy49er's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Do you think EA is going prevent professional reviews before the release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
If IGN puts up a bad review before the game is out that means sales are not going to be as good so I'm guessing that they'll wait till after people buy it before they review it.
Wont matter, game will sell regardless. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves
Old 08-09-2007, 10:46 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
Wont matter, game will sell regardless. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves
Well reviews can hurt. It's not going to turn madden form a 10 million seller to a 1 million seller but remember hundreds of thousands of games not sold can hurt their projections.

Normally they control the review date by controlling when they give them the game. If they send them a final version early you usually see a review a day or two before. If they aren't so confidant in a game they'll send the review copy around launch day. That means it will take a few days to a week for the site to give it "ample" time.

I don't think EA feels Madden is a stinker and will push back reviews. We should see IGN's review Monday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2007, 10:47 PM   #12
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badboy49er
yeah, i dont understand how people can not get the fact that the people who will take the time to read reviews on ign and gamespot make up a VERY, VERY small fraction of the people buying the game.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:27 PM   #13
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSanders
If IGN puts up a bad review before the game is out that means sales are not going to be as good so I'm guessing that they'll wait till after people buy it before they review it.
I'm pretty sure the reviews will have no effect on sales...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »