Home

Teamxbox review

This is a discussion on Teamxbox review within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 02:22 AM   #9
UGH, next year

cjonesfan921's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Teamxbox review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazza
It's in plain ENGLISH, Chipper...
It's a little too much bitching, for someone who hasn't played the game. You expect more, but you haven't played it yet. I don't get it. How can you gather from not playing the game, that it is not what you expected? I'd reserve judgment 'till you actually play the game. I have it. I like it so far, actually love it. That's saying a lot. I hated the last two Maddens, and only played them 'till mid-August, both years. This one is much better.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjonesfan921
It's a little too much bitching, for someone who hasn't played the game. You expect more, but you haven't played it yet. I don't get it. How can you gather from not playing the game, that it is not what you expected? I'd reserve judgment 'till you actually play the game. I have it. I like it so far, actually love it. That's saying a lot. I hated the last two Maddens, and only played them 'till mid-August, both years. This one is much better.
What you've had the game for a day and you love it. Typical NCAA/Madden-itus. First few days, the game is the best ever. After a week the same old crap pops up and we are trying to fix it with sliders. After two weeks, people give up and just say it's broken, while others tell the board it's not broken.

The review was a bit too glowing. If EA proves us wrong then fine. But we've all been around long enough to know that the serious problems in Madden usually show up a week later. After the "Best ever" sentiments die down, that's when we'll see what madden is made out of.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:48 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8

he gave the gameplay a 9.8...

Last edited by mike01; 08-11-2007 at 02:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 03:22 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meazza
Are these people being payed by EA? Or are they in the same hypnotic state as most consumers?

I'm a fanboy of neither EA or 2k, but as a football gamer I expect a hell of a lot more. There's going to be a lot of "well, you haven't played it so you can't judge it blah blah..." I just refuse to believe the lying gaming sites that try to sell a less-than-mediocre product.

It's 2007 people, everything that is going to be in Madden 2010 should've been in the damn game a couple of years ago.
Hahahaha, it's going to be so amusing to watch these type comments as Madden racks up the good reviews...
See ya Tuesday!
Old 08-11-2007, 03:52 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
Hahahaha, it's going to be so amusing to watch these type comments as Madden racks up the good reviews...
See ya Tuesday!
So it's a good game to you if other people say it's good?
Old 08-11-2007, 04:57 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

These trolls are funny.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:01 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
he gave the gameplay a 9.8...
I agree with his Gameplay score totally. Gameplay is unreal. The player movement along with the reponsiveness in unmatched with any football game ever made.
I thought All-Pro 2K8 was gonna be the standard but EA really pulled a rabbit out of the hat, or should I say they had a Ace in the hole. This game is really gonna surprise a lot of people this year. Of course there will be flaws found later but out of the box- Superb!!! Peace
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2007, 06:03 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSKYWALKER1
I agree with his Gameplay score totally. Gameplay is unreal. The player movement along with the reponsiveness in unmatched with any football game ever made.
I thought All-Pro 2K8 was gonna be the standard but EA really pulled a rabbit out of the hat, or should I say they had a Ace in the hole. This game is really gonna surprise a lot of people this year. Of course there will be flaws found later but out of the box- Superb!!! Peace
Gameplay in this game is not anywhere near a 9.8 IMO. Maybe an 8. There is still no QB pocket at all. The QB animations are horrid, suction blocking is still there (especially on pass plays). All FG kickers have super leg power, causing excessive touchbacks and very long FG's. I could go on.....

The game runs smooth and all but, the way things materialize visually and from a AI standpoint especially on pass plays, is very dissapointing.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »