Home

Did EA finally include a DL?

This is a discussion on Did EA finally include a DL? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Did EA finally include a DL?

Just wondering if EA finally realized the game of football has a Defensive Line? Can you actually put pressure on QBs this year with a controlled DL player and did the ridiculous "we all fall down while going for the QB" BS get fixed?

I dumped this game last year after I witnessed my defensive ******s fall on 3 consecutive plays. 3 out of my 4 defensive linemen kept falling for some strange reason as if they were ******** and tripped over themselves.

This been fixed yet? Can't buy until I find out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Did EA finally include a DL?

Oh, did they ever! Dude, trust me when I tell you that stud d-lineman actually make a difference now, especially if you control them yourself.

Take it from me...I'm a guy who always hated to control the d-lineman himself because I was always getting pancaked as soon as the ball was snapped. Not anymore. With my Bills, Aaron Schoebel has the special "power moves" weapon ability, and I use it to it's fullest potential and it actually makes a big difference.

Also...try running the ball with a weak o-line against a team with a stud defensive line and you'll be pulling your hair out, with how hard it is. I believe I averaged around 2.7 yards per carry against New England's line, versus a 4.8 against the Jets.

Trust me...teams with good defensive lines PLAY that way...and it really shows in this year's game.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Also...try running the ball with a weak o-line against a team with a stud defensive line and you'll be pulling your hair out, with how hard it is. I believe I averaged around 2.7 yards per carry against New England's line, versus a 4.8 against the Jets.

Trust me...teams with good defensive lines PLAY that way...and it really shows in this year's game.
So true. I played against the Pats and Steelers using the Bucs, and Seymour and Casey Hampton for the Steelers are BEAST! If you have a weak line like I do with the Bucs these guys are going to be disruptive all game. Thet were blowing up my line and playing in my backfield soo much during the game......

They really did a good job with the Dline play, even though suction blocking is still there in some rare cases.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

God man you guys are making me so pumped for this game, please just shut up!!

Old 08-13-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Oh, did they ever! Dude, trust me when I tell you that stud d-lineman actually make a difference now, especially if you control them yourself.

Take it from me...I'm a guy who always hated to control the d-lineman himself because I was always getting pancaked as soon as the ball was snapped. Not anymore. With my Bills, Aaron Schoebel has the special "power moves" weapon ability, and I use it to it's fullest potential and it actually makes a big difference.

Thats really great to hear, because I'm having a blast playing as a DE in NCAA, actually being able to make plays in both the passing and the running game, so if I can do that in Madden I'll be very pleased.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Sounds great TJ.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:28 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 21

Not only do the better dLinemen give good pressure the blitzs are wicked fast. You are really gonna have to gameplan for it. Its not "cheesy" but upon first facing it you are gonna be shaken up, LOL.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

TJ... you're really making me want to get this game and play with the Jags... you're serious... Stroud and Henderson will actually make a difference this year?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »