Home

Where is the IGN review?

This is a discussion on Where is the IGN review? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Where is the IGN review?

Doesn't IGN normally review the Madden games about a week before they come out?

Why not this year?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 05:46 PM   #2
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Where is the IGN review?

they are too busy playing the game lol

I hope I will get it tomorrow!
Old 08-13-2007, 05:47 PM   #3
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey

Why not this year?
I don't recall IGN's Madden reviews ever being a week early. Last year's 360 review was dated 08/22, a full week after the game hit the stores.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/726/726977p1.html
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjamonkey

Why not this year?
My best guess would say EA asked them not to release it until after the official launch just incase thier review sucks. Im not trying to start conspiracy theories but you have to understand that those sites need the games, intereviews, behind the scenes looks, etc to have something to put on their site to have us come read it and subscribe to it. Its about revenue. If they posted the review before EA wanted them to, and the review was super lousy at that, EA could reduce thier perks they ahve with EA. Maybe they dont get any more free copies of games, limited intereviews, etc etc...and without those things on a grander scale, IGN ceases to exist. Come on now, lets be real here. If you had a site and EA was sending you freebies, complimentary 360's and PS3's etc etc, backstage passes to behind the scenes, and all other kinds of perks, and all tey asked in return was you to not release your review until a certain date youd do it lol.

Im not saying thats what happened here cuz I dont know...but it is possible.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
My best guess would say EA asked them not to release it until after the official launch just incase thier review sucks. Im not trying to start conspiracy theories but you have to understand that those sites need the games, intereviews, behind the scenes looks, etc to have something to put on their site to have us come read it and subscribe to it. Its about revenue. If they posted the review before EA wanted them to, and the review was super lousy at that, EA could reduce thier perks they ahve with EA. Maybe they dont get any more free copies of games, limited intereviews, etc etc...and without those things on a grander scale, IGN ceases to exist. Come on now, lets be real here. If you had a site and EA was sending you freebies, complimentary 360's and PS3's etc etc, backstage passes to behind the scenes, and all other kinds of perks, and all tey asked in return was you to not release your review until a certain date youd do it lol.

Im not saying thats what happened here cuz I dont know...but it is possible.

Courtesy call for Oliver Stone...paging Oliver Stone...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I don't recall IGN's Madden reviews ever being a week early. Last year's 360 review was dated 08/22, a full week after the game hit the stores.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/726/726977p1.html
Last years game came out later, it came out like the 22nd or 23rd.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:14 PM   #7
Pro

JBucc's Arena

OVR: 8

Considering regular players have gotten ahold of the game and given reviews that will likely be more in depth than anything the IGN's and gamespot's will do I'd say it's rather pathetic that these professional places that have had the game for at least a week and have been playing dev copies for months don't have anything up yet. Gamespot is doing a Madden release party so I'd assume they'll put their's up tonight.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Wouldn't it be easier for EA to send one of their "Assets" over the IGN office and have him "encourage" them to put out their "9.3" review tonight at about 9 pm eastern.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »