Home

Browns away uniforms??? Come on!

This is a discussion on Browns away uniforms??? Come on! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2007, 01:54 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Browns away uniforms??? Come on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
A couple months back EA posted threads on several Madden boards asking for specific uni issues that needed to be fixed. Some of these actually were addressed (for example my Cowboys now have the correct blue-green pants with their home whites), but as usual some new stuff that no one dreamed would get screwed up has surfaced.

Two steps forward, one step back.
one step forward, two steps back

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

To be fair - EA uses the website that the teams are supposed to report which uni's they will be wearing. If the team's report wrong, EA's unis will be wrong.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
No...you cannot change the uniforms for online play...which really sucks again this year, just like it has for the last 3 years since it was removed as an online option.

That is something I was very vocally angry about down at the Community Day (along with the blatantly wrong Rams uniforms - which is the second time in 3 years it is completely screwed up). The rationale behind this decision (no selectable jerseys) only made me angrier. I was basically told that one of the reasons the selectable unifroms was taken out of the game was that it allowed people to exploit online play - by setting up games with alternate uniforms that were too similar in color and confused their oppenents.

Now, do I believe that nonsense? No. But I believe the person who told it to me believed it was true. It may have been the answer that someone else had given him earlier and it had just become accepted as fact at Tiburon without bothering to really think it through. If they made selectable jereseys the way they worked before, then you only had the option of selecting from your home set IF YOU WERE HOME and your road set IF YOU WERE AWAY...I guess there were a couple of weird jerseys in Madden NFL 2005 (the last time you could actually select jerseys in online play) - things like the Rams in Gold-on-Gold home set- that MIGHT, just MIGHT have made playing a game against them a bit annoying (the gold jerseys were not very dark and on a bad TV could make playing in road whites for many teams harder than normal; but for the most part I was fairly incredulous about that reasoning for no selectable jereseys online.

regardless of whether or not I believe the story about WHY the jerseys are not selectable, the fact remains that they are NOT SELECTABLE...so when egregious errors like the ones with the Browns or Rams are in the game, there is no way to work around it (hell if I had my choice I would select the Rams Away uniforms for every game online this year, regardless of stadium just to have one that at least is something the team has worn in an actual game).

QC was right when he was reporting that the EA folks say they get the uniforms from an official NFL-provided list, but why that seems to have been put in the game wrong is anybody's guess. The Rams are supposed to have an "alternate" in the game that is listed as "Blue on White" in the game, only that "option" just so happens to be the same as the (incorrect) default home option. It sounds like the Browns have a similar situation.

All I can say is that EA must not have very many if any Rams or Browns fans on staff - especially since this happened to the Rams in 2006, was 'fixed' in 2007 and is now again happening in 2008....I guess St. Louis fans only get accurate unifroms every other year....

Thank goodness for your post as I was beginning to wonder if anyone else besides myself cared that they disabled the online alternate uniforms. And even better it was actually someone who has talked to EA and let that opinion be heard. Keep giving em heck man, we need these options back! Weather for online play too!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2007, 03:04 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoChris
I keep hearing talks of a patch. is this a wish or has someone heard somethings??
Gamespot reported a couple weeks ago a patch is in the works but it's only been confirmed for Madden, not for NCAA. It's supposed to tone down interceptions but many are also hoping for a few other nice little updates, such as this one for example.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-14-2007, 03:09 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxx
root for a better team :P
A vikings fan telling someone to do this?
Old 08-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #38
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Can someone please test in Franchise mode or season mode or whatever and tell me if you can manually choose your uniforms? I am stuck at work for a while. I really don't want to look at these poop colored pants if I don't have to.

Peace!
Old 08-14-2007, 03:36 PM   #39
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Some interesting facts as to why this seems like an even bigger oversite. Quoted from an article I read:

"The lone NFL franchise with a color for a nickname (although they technically are named after their founding owner and head coach, Paul Brown), the Browns nevertheless hardly ever play in brown jerseys. Instead, they wear white, sparsely trimmed in orange and brown. On their helmet, the Browns have no logo. This is true of no other club. Cleveland's headgear is orange, with a white stripe trimmed in brown on either side.

Pro football's unusual uniform roles allowed the Browns to be white for most games. Baseball, basketball, and hockey command that the home teams wear white and the road clubs wear dark. The NFL, however, permits the home team to pick. In the old days, practically every football club opted for colored jerseys at home, except for the Browns and Dallas Cowboys. Thus, Cleveland and Dallas selected white at home and had white chosen for them on the road. I always held my breath when they were to meet in the playoffs, wondering who'd get home-field advantage and the choice of colors."
Old 08-14-2007, 03:37 PM   #40

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Gamespot reported a couple weeks ago a patch is in the works but it's only been confirmed for Madden, not for NCAA. It's supposed to tone down interceptions but many are also hoping for a few other nice little updates, such as this one for example.
Good to hear. I smell a opening day roster/more uniforms/(fixes shhhh!) update.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »