Home

Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

This is a discussion on Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Turnover Issue a Game Killer?
Yes 117 33.14%
No 114 32.29%
Haven't Decided Yet 122 34.56%
Voters: 353. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2007, 08:44 AM   #65
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Is the Turnover Issue a Game Killer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac11367
I think when the developers amped up the defensive AI, they had multiplayer aspect on their mind. If you play against another human who also has football knowledge, the turnover stats will be realistic. It's when you play against CPU on all-pro, that's when the amped up defense of the user goes bezerk, because the CPU's offensive AI does not match up.

I will try to play on All-Madden once I get home.
I assume from my NCAA experience that All-Madden will lower CPU INTs but will also bring in more problems..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:01 AM   #66
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
most of the int's I am seeing are the ones I am throwing. Usually bad decisions or throwing while moving back.
Yup. I've seen some questionable fumbles but I haven't seen an interception that either I or the AI didn't deserve. I've actually thrown a bunch of passes that probably deserved to get picked off that just didn't too.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:08 AM   #67
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

The only INTs I've seen are bad passes. I think everyone needs to get used to playing smarter football and this wont be an issue.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:25 AM   #68

ChicagoChris's Arena

OVR: 11

Agreed. INT are not huge issue for me. I played three games last night and the CPU averaged 1.5 ints a game...and i tested using 3 average QB's..(Frye, T. Green, M. Schaub). Not sure about fumbles yet. My first two games i had like 1 fumble. Last game, Frank Gore fumbled 5 times...more testing today.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:34 AM   #69
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

seems like most of the INT's I throw are on the out passes. I remember when the out pass was a money play.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #70
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm glad the corner routes have died down, people use to abuse them online all the time. Well, the corner routes have died down this year on the offline play. Not sure about the online play as I'm scared to play online and run into a cheeser as an instant impact.

Anyhow, back on topic.

If there's a patch, no.

If there's never a patch, no. I'll keep playing. I think it's because of idiotic decisions that we're all making like throwing too close to defenders and not getting into a good area to throw a tight spiral with whomever QB we're controlling.

The CPU throwing INTs, though, yikes. I might have to switch up to All-Madden. I played against the Patriots yesterday and Brady had only 1 touchdown matched by 6 interceptions. That's defnitely un-Bradylike. So I may say, the CPU throws many, but I'm sure upping the difficulty and playing around with the sliders will remedy this.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:16 AM   #71
Pro

OVR: 16

INT's are becoming a huge issue for me now, just like in NCAA 08. Perhaps it has to do with the fact that I'm playing with a great defense (the Bears). It's still pretty unrealistic. I've had 11 interceptions on defense in the past two games. Seven of them were returned for touchdowns. That's unheard of in real life. I'm playing on All-Pro, by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

I think we can tone them down with sliders. The 2 main sliders are going to be QB Accuracy and Defense Awareness. Just a matter of getting the right settings so they will be toned down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »