Home

Where the hell are in-game stats?...

This is a discussion on Where the hell are in-game stats?... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 06:39 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
Where the hell are in-game stats?...

are there any in the game? i don't remember seeing them aside from the redzone stats...
I am glad I got the Buell- I love riding it, I love the oddball looks I get on the road- I love people asking "What IS that thing?" I love flying into a corner WAY too hot, scared spitless and sure I'll never hold it at this speed- and hearing the bike whisper "Sissy!"...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 06:41 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Where the hell are in-game stats?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaaaazuuuuup
are there any in the game? i don't remember seeing them aside from the redzone stats...
Great question. I don't recall ever seeing any in-game stat underlays, and I've played around 20 games so far. Annoying, yes, but I can just as easily go into a stats screen to see what my guys are doing, especially at halftime.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Great question. I don't recall ever seeing any in-game stat underlays, and I've played around 20 games so far. Annoying, yes, but I can just as easily go into a stats screen to see what my guys are doing, especially at halftime.
I noticed it the first game I played on Friday (as LT was shredding Denver). It's bothersome and takes away from the presentation. Hopefully they implement it again next year.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I've thought the same thing but at least it's made me concentrate on the game more than trying to get achievements or get x amount of yards for a certain player etc.

Still hopefully they will focus 100% on presentation next year.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #5
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

Presentation wise this game sucks. No stats, really no graphics displaying anything. This game is way to fast to throw stats on the screen anyway, you would be reading the stats and tring to tackle someone at the same time. When you play online people usually just press the button and skip everything to get to the next play I honestly think this game is geared to online play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #6
MVP

Garrett67's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamz
Presentation wise this game sucks. No stats, really no graphics displaying anything. This game is way to fast to throw stats on the screen anyway, you would be reading the stats and tring to tackle someone at the same time. When you play online people usually just press the button and skip everything to get to the next play I honestly think this game is geared to online play.

I agree. There are 50,000 pre-snap options and there isn't time to even consider using them.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

if im correct stats show up on the bar that the scoreboard is on, occasionally tho
Old 08-15-2007, 10:07 AM   #8
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthegreat618
if im correct stats show up on the bar that the scoreboard is on, occasionally tho
I have seen the drive summary down there on the bar, but only if the drive is 10 plays or more. I think I recall seeing a stat overlay down on the bar, but I cant be sure. I wish they had the ticker down bottom, running stats from other games as well as your own, then you dont miss them. I mean because I usually rush my players to the line, so I can make all my preplay changes and by doing that I miss a lot of overlays because I am hitting buttons before the play. That may be why Madden took it out because there is so many preplay options and once you press a button the overlay would disappear anyways. Just a thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »