Home

Shadow receiver

This is a discussion on Shadow receiver within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Shadow receiver

How does this defensive hot route work? I tried to use it, but it doesn't seem like it does anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 03:30 PM   #2
All Star

callmetaternuts's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Shadow receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
How does this defensive hot route work? I tried to use it, but it doesn't seem like it does anything.
To my best understanding, it just sends a safety overtop and while it doesnt double the receiver, they shadow him or share their coverage more towards his route. Ive tried it a few times and have seen my Safety edge over his way and watch him, but outside that, nada
Old 08-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #3
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

I haven't used the shadow feature much but I used it last night on Johnson and it turned into a quick six for me. Brown played over the top while Vasher played him under.

Used it again and got burned by Moulds as Brown was shifted too much toward Johnson and not there to make the play.

Risk/reward system.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:35 PM   #4
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmetaternuts
To my best understanding, it just sends a safety overtop and while it doesnt double the receiver, they shadow him or share their coverage more towards his route. Ive tried it a few times and have seen my Safety edge over his way and watch him, but outside that, nada
Yeah exactly but it only works if the defender is playing zone beforehand.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:07 PM   #5
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

The feature is cool, but we need more. There are only a few defenses with double teams on WRs, and they only allow you to double a position, not a specific player. I suggested this in another thread, and I'll put it in the '09 Wishlist thread, but what I would like to see is...

A defensive playcalling system that allows us to call defenses in tiers... defensive front, then blitzes & stunts, then coverage. For example, 4-3 Over - ROLB blitz - Cover 1. It could be an elimination system. Call a 4-3 and there are only so many blitz combinations available. Pick a blitz package and there are only so many coverage combinations available. I'm not sure how they could do it, but I'd like to be able to double specific players too.

With the current system, if you want a particular coverage, you're stuck with the blitz & stunt combination offered. For example, I believe there is only one Cover 1 defense in each of the 4-3 packages(Over, Under, ect). If I'm not mistaken, they come with a blitzing LB. Well, what if I want to blitz one of the other LBs with Cover 1 behind it? What if I want a different stunt?

Some will say use Defensive Playmaker, but think about it. If I want to blitz a LB that's assigned to man coverage on a RB, I'd be leaving a man uncovered. To make up for it, I'd have to change at least one other defender's assignment. There's usually not enough time for that, especially against a human opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »