Home

SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

This is a discussion on SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 04:01 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roonoc
yep im about to say screw it and just use the crappy simmed results which arent terrible. besides just pretend that the 8 int's they show for a guy are actually 4. not a huge deal.

Its not the defensive INT stats I have the biggest problem with - its the QB's throwing NONE of them that bothers me. Every year my QB leads the league in INTs with 13 or 14 because none of the Simmed QB's throw more than 6 or 7, and thats the bad QB's. The good ones usually get 40 or so TD's with 5 INT's and 4000-4500 yards... and don't even get me started on the receivers... 20 TD's by two different receivers in the same year.. HA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #66
Pro

OVR: 8

great work here guys. this is a big project and i have not had much time lately. i really appreciate all this and i hope we will find a good way to get realistic stats.

a few more things to throw into the mixer.

does the difficulty have any affect on stats in a supersimmed game? i know its just one more thing we are going to have to test so when you super sim please post your sliders and your difficulty.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:53 AM   #67
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey5
Hey Metal, I've done 16 games with these (1 week) and my average plays from scrimmage was 122.3 or something like that. When you say 130 are you talking kickoffs/punts/FG's etc?
No, what I did was added up QB attempts and the number of times they were sacked to give me the number of passing plays and the number of rush attempts for the running plays. I think that the lowest total I ended up with was 125 and the hight was 133. I need to do more games, though. I only did about half a week.

Last edited by metal134; 08-18-2007 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal134
No, what I did was added up QB attempts and the number of times they were sacked to give me the number of passing plays and the number of rush attempts for the running plays. I think that the lowest total I ended up with was 125 and the hight was 133. I need to do more games, though. I only did about half a week.

OK so after my week's worth of games I figured out some stats -

First off, their seems to be almost no difference between human and computer. I "controlled" the home team in every game and recorded the stats as such.. there was almost no difference in statistical output (aside from broken tackles, which were slightly higher for the user).

Second, there is about a 40 yard discrepancy between actual offensive output and the numbers that these sliders generate. That is to say, offenses in supersim average about 40 more ypg than real life NFL offenses. The good news here is that it is evenly distributed; they average 20 ypg more rushing and 20 ypg more passing.

I have only focused on ypg at this point, with an emphasis on the number of broken tackles, which as I though, is high for both sides. On average, the average NFL RB will break a tackle 1 in every 3.5 attempts. Good backs will be more like 1 in 3. These stats indicate that backs are breaking 1 in 2 attempts, which is a little too high.

A quick fix that I'm going to try is to bump tackling up to 70 for both user and cpu and sim another week to see if that drops the numbers.

Of course the problem is we are only dealing with 16 games - there are over 200 in an actual NFL season so I could be jumping the gun in thinking that I need to "fix" the offensive YPG.

The bottom line, for me, is that super sim is the way to go this year for the most realistic franchise stats even if the sliders don't have an affect. I'll try and report on my break tackle fix later tonight or tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:15 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but when you supersim another problem arises.

Look closely at your team stats after the game and look at the red zone efficiency. It will have a completely skewed stat, something like 3-10 in the red zone.

I don't know what the issue is, but it's there. Have you guys already noticed this? Any resolution to it?
Old 08-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #70
MVP

metal134's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadedash
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but when you supersim another problem arises.

Look closely at your team stats after the game and look at the red zone efficiency. It will have a completely skewed stat, something like 3-10 in the red zone.

I don't know what the issue is, but it's there. Have you guys already noticed this? Any resolution to it?
I haven't noticed it, but I'll look for it. But that's a problem that I can live with if all ther other numbers get pretty close to where they need to be.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:26 PM   #71
Pro

as long as this helps with the ints i will happy. redzone stats shouldn't affect progression or awards. i've almost got the two first weeks simmed with supersim 4 mins so i should have some stats and impressions up soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 07:29 PM   #72
Pro

ok so after two weeks of supersim here are some leaders and comparisons from last year at week 2. overall the offense seemed a little overpowered but not too bad

i used this site to compare stats from last season after two games
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/stats/by...tegory=Defense

DEFENSE
Tackles for a loss happen a lot but no true nfl stat to compare here
3 players had 8
10 players had 7

Sacks
3 players had 5
3 players had 4

Ints seem good on d side
1 players had 3
1 players had 2

Pass Deflections seem good.
2 players had 4
8 players had 3

Tackles seem good.
2 players had 18
3 players had 16

OFFENSE QB
QB Rating seems good.
4 players had 100 or over
6 players had 90-99.9

Passing yards look 100 yards too high .
11 players had 400 yards or over
12 players had 300-399 yards

Ints Thrown look good.
1 player had 4
1 player had 3
11 players had 2

TDs Thrown look a little high.
3 players had 5
1 player had 4
5 players had 3

Times Sacked by a QB look too high
2 players had 10
4 players had 9

OFFENSE RB
Rushing Yards looks too high
7 players had 200 yards or over
21 players had over 100-199 yards

Rushing TDs look about 1 too high for each player
3 players had 3
14 players had 2

Rushing Attempts look a little too high
5 players had 40 or over
11 players had 30-39

Average per rush looks high.
3 players had 9.0 or over
8 players had 6.0-8.9

Fumbles seemed a little low but in real life most were from QBs.
1 player had 3
8 players had 2

Broken Tackles has no true stat to follow from my reference
1 player had 30 or over
8 players had 20-29

Longest Run looks like to many of these.
9 players with 50 or over
9 players with 20-50

OFFENSE WR
Receptions seem pretty good
1 player with 11
5 players with 10

Receiving Yards seem about 50 too high
7 players with 150 or over
21 players with 100-149

Longest Reception seems high again
2 players with 80 or over
13 players with 50-79

EDIT**** i just realized i was comparing two weeks of in game to just week 2 stats from nfl last year. i thought that site had them organized as compiled stats. I finished simming week three. i may wait till i finish a year to make it easier to compare

Last edited by ChuckMonts; 08-18-2007 at 10:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »