Home

SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

This is a discussion on SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

Has anyone tested this yet? Do you still get 2x INTs and the rest of the not-NFL-accurate season statistics if you SuperSim in a game by game fashion?

I'm hoping that SuperSim uses the game engine...which, in theory, would keep all statistics on a level playing field and would make gameplay clock settings a non-issue. But maybe not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 05:52 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: SuperSim = more realistic franchise stats? (360)

While I have yet to confirm for myself, others have said using the super-sim is a good workaround as you won't get the int x2 when doing so. That said, they also say you will have to settle on a good quarter length for super-simming to ensure the correct number of plays.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:30 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
While I have yet to confirm for myself, others have said using the super-sim is a good workaround as you won't get the int x2 when doing so. That said, they also say you will have to settle on a good quarter length for super-simming to ensure the correct number of plays.
Ah, this may settle the true quarter-length debates once and for all! I used to believe you can't have a "standard" quarter-length because people play differently. Some skip the cut scenes. Some really like to think about the play they're selecting. Some really like to make pre-snap reads and put men in motion. Some really like to run the clock. Others don't. It's just a matter of preference.

But if SuperSim really does use the GAME engine to simulate results (not the SIM engine), then it should suggest a perfect quarter-length for Madden to keep it true to NFL stats. You'd just have to adjust your playing style (speed it up, or slow it down) accordingly.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:35 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

anything higher than 5 minutes leads to high stats in supersim...

chicago scored nearly 80 points in a 8 minute supersim
Old 08-15-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbz708
anything higher than 5 minutes leads to high stats in supersim...

chicago scored nearly 80 points in a 8 minute supersim
Crap. Then I have to speed things up if I go this route. (I'm a deliberate player.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2007, 06:52 PM   #6
Rookie

I don't have the game yet so please excuse me ignorance...

But couldn't you have different time settings for the games you actually play and the games you super-sim so that deliberate folks (like myself) still get realistic super-sim stats???

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2007, 07:08 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhennes
I don't have the game yet so please excuse me ignorance...

But couldn't you have different time settings for the games you actually play and the games you super-sim so that deliberate folks (like myself) still get realistic super-sim stats???

Thanks!
no, i checked that

they dont have the sim qtr length option like they used to have, only qtr length

so its basically 5 or 6 minutes if you want even stats with the rest of the league unless you can somehow change your games minutes before the game and set it back after your game
Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 PM   #8
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpTheIrons
Crap. Then I have to speed things up if I go this route. (I'm a deliberate player.)
No you don't have to speed up your play. The supersim doesn't account for the time that runs off the clock between plays, so pick whatever quarter length gives you the same amount of plays the sim engine would. The same goes for NCAA.

For example, if I were to sim an entire game in supersim mode for NCAA, I would probably use 5 minute quarters and get roughly 120-130 plays. When I play my games (and I play pretty much all of them) at 8 minutes, I also get 120-130 plays. Again, the supersim method doesn't have any time run off between plays, so the quarter length would be fairly shorter in length.

Since I just got Madden today, I'll have to check this out later and see how it all matches up in the virtual NFL world.

I hope this helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »