Home

Is it official that EA is releasing a fix for the uniforms?

This is a discussion on Is it official that EA is releasing a fix for the uniforms? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #17
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58
Re: Is it official that EA is releasing a fix for the uniforms?

I know... the PC version is always loaded with tons of jerseys. Unfortunately it doesn't carry over to the consoles.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:18 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

You know, I personally don't pay that much attention to the little things on the uniforms. However, If I'm not mistaken, a while ago (maybe a year or more) I believe ESPN did a report on the NFL dress code. I believe in that, they said a player got fined up to $500 for not wearing the correct socks(Stupid in my opinion). Why should EA Sports not be fined for having a lot of incorrect uniforms in the ONLY licencesed NFL game? It's not like the information isn't available to them. However, personally I don't care as long as you're still able to make out what team it is by looking at their uniform. My question I have is though is, if the NFL is so strict on their players for misrepresenting their teams, how come they're not just as strict on a company that so greatly advertises their league?

Just my opinion and something for us all to think about.

Cowboysdude
Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #19
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't like the "classic" Raiders uniform either. The numbers are way way way too thick.

The create-a-team is incredibly weak too. I didn't expect it to be as deep as 2k8, but sheesh. The options they do have are just so incredibly ugly it's not even worth messing with.

Also, I love the Chiefs all-ketchup uniform. That's cute. Way to go EA.

Last edited by RaiderKtulu; 08-16-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 AM   #20
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

IMO, a next-gen football game with the exclusive NFL license should feature nearly every uniform ever worn by every team.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:44 AM   #21
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxamander
IMO, a next-gen football game with the exclusive NFL license should feature nearly every uniform ever worn by every team.
Or at least an accurate home and way uniform that is real. The Browns have brown pants for their default away uniform! I could live with it if they had ever actually worn these. To add insult to injury the all white unis are missing in action. I can live without alternates.....just give us accurate "regular" uniforms.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 01:54 AM   #22
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboysdude
You know, I personally don't pay that much attention to the little things on the uniforms. However, If I'm not mistaken, a while ago (maybe a year or more) I believe ESPN did a report on the NFL dress code. I believe in that, they said a player got fined up to $500 for not wearing the correct socks(Stupid in my opinion). Why should EA Sports not be fined for having a lot of incorrect uniforms in the ONLY licencesed NFL game? It's not like the information isn't available to them. However, personally I don't care as long as you're still able to make out what team it is by looking at their uniform. My question I have is though is, if the NFL is so strict on their players for misrepresenting their teams, how come they're not just as strict on a company that so greatly advertises their league?

Just my opinion and something for us all to think about.

Cowboysdude
The problem with that is, as someone else stated in another thread, is that apparantly EA is directed by the NFL to a source that gives erroneous information. Teams apparantly report to this site what their home/away/alternate uniforms, and this is what EA puts in the game. Last year they released uniforms on marketplace, and I would not be suprised at all if they did so again. The only question is if they will charge for them, and if so, how much. They likely will I like it when games give downloads for free (like Rainbow Six's second map pack).
Old 08-16-2007, 02:12 AM   #23
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah, and they did not make those extra uniforms free until after the season was over. Anyone think having jerseys like the Browns' white on brown is a ploy into compelling people to buy jersey expansions?
Old 08-16-2007, 02:51 AM   #24
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

I was playing online with the Rams and I thought they had gotten new uniforms this year because they were wearing white pants at home. I have seen them wear these unis before but its like a once a year thing. After reading this I guess EA just screwed them up.

While I like the gameplay things like this are annoying. When people put the game in and instantly notice that uniforms are completely wrong you would think the people that put together Madden would notice the same thing. It's not just a facemask or specific width of a logo that concerns me, its the fact that entire color schemes are botched.

Its pretty bad that so many uniforms are wrong. I also agree with the poster that said we should have an abundance of alt, retro unis. EA isn't doing anything with the ESPN license. Now that they have a solid enigine to work with they really need to start fine tuning some other areas.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »