Home

Nano blitzes

This is a discussion on Nano blitzes within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:04 AM   #1
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23
Nano blitzes

People used to do this a few years ago on the xbox version of madden and I hadn't noticed it on the last few 360 versions but I swear a guy was doing it to me in an online game. He was your typical cheeser using the Eagles, going for it on 4th and 17, scrambling with McNabb and no-huddling the whole time...you know the type.

Anyway, this guy was getting through the line so fast I couldn't hand the ball off. It was ridiculous! I seriously couldn't get under center. I had to goto to shotgun and throw quick slants and do things like that. Is it possible to nano blitz? I have played Madden for a while and don't just suck. Maybe I am just not used to this years version but it really seemed like this guy was doing something with his linebackers and d-line pre-snap to get an advantage.

Some people have said they don't think this is cheesing but I think it is. Its definitely not fun. Don't tell me that playmakering your entire d-line and nano blitzing is real football either. You can't just make on the fly changes to every player on your defense and sack the QB in less than 1 second. It just doesn't happen like that.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 12:34 AM   #2
Redskins Pride

OVR: 6
Re: Nano blitzes

i played the Bengals (me) vs the Jets (CPU) and their DL weapon (Ellis?) was pretty much through the line really fast sometimes ... just a complete jailbreak. He took out Palmer on a handoff. Only happened once so not so bad.

Sucks that it can be abused like that.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:39 AM   #3
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

This didn't happen just once. It was every freaking play. He was doine some type of audiblin pre-snap.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 08-16-2007, 12:45 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

My friend did this to me two games in a row. He used the 3/4 defense, solid, Trio Sky Zone. He would blitz the right middle linebacker over center and 90% of the time he would be untouched to the qb. It was horrible.
Old 08-16-2007, 03:34 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
People used to do this a few years ago on the xbox version of madden and I hadn't noticed it on the last few 360 versions but I swear a guy was doing it to me in an online game. He was your typical cheeser using the Eagles, going for it on 4th and 17, scrambling with McNabb and no-huddling the whole time...you know the type.

Anyway, this guy was getting through the line so fast I couldn't hand the ball off. It was ridiculous! I seriously couldn't get under center. I had to goto to shotgun and throw quick slants and do things like that. Is it possible to nano blitz? I have played Madden for a while and don't just suck. Maybe I am just not used to this years version but it really seemed like this guy was doing something with his linebackers and d-line pre-snap to get an advantage.

Some people have said they don't think this is cheesing but I think it is. Its definitely not fun. Don't tell me that playmakering your entire d-line and nano blitzing is real football either. You can't just make on the fly changes to every player on your defense and sack the QB in less than 1 second. It just doesn't happen like that.
Madden 6 had nanoblitzes

I remember calling the 8man blitz and they would just go in for an easy sack.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 07:23 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

I guess, if these exploits are in the game, then a shotgun offense is the way to go.
Having said that, my buddy is this type of player, and although I disagree with the style he plays, I have to seperate myself from it and just do my own thing. I just don't play him- period. I'd rather play some of my other buddies who play the game of football rather then "exploitation-ball".
But I guess if you're stuck in a game like this, try a shotgun offense with maybe TE and RB or a 2RB Shotgun set with RB's in to block... quick passes, in's, slants, drags.... and outside receivers deep routes just in case you get some time...

Like I said, this is all from my buddy who plays this style... so I kind of have an inside read on it all. I just don't like his style... I'm with you guys.
Good luck fellas!

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 08-16-2007, 08:04 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

It's still around. The only reason people do it is because the offense in EA's game is soo damn powerful you will get shredded if you don't. EA has made the game where you can't use base coverage for anything. If you sit back in 2 man then you gotta worry about the jetpack/rocket catch because it will be there for the taking. If you sit back in zone you still have to worry about Jetpack/rocket catch. Then, with complete WR control I found something yesterday where I can get a completion every time There is a counter play in the game that is straight fire. If you sit in a base coverage you are going to give up a big run. So to deal with these things guys blitz like crazy because if they don't they give up one big play after another

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »