Home

Is the Madden passing game like Ncaa- not a complaint

This is a discussion on Is the Madden passing game like Ncaa- not a complaint within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 12:29 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Is the Madden passing game like Ncaa- not a complaint

I actually enjoy the "more difficult" aspect of the passing game for the user In NCAA08 and was wondering if Madden also demanded the user play smarter. I am not speaking of what the cpu does(excessive intercpetion complaint), simply if it feels like the user must play smarter football. If someone could confirm I would appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 01:09 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: Is the Madden passing game like Ncaa- not a complaint

no, qb are more accurate and precision passing is in the game and working fully
Old 08-16-2007, 01:13 AM   #3
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19

The cpu covers routes extraordinarily for 3 seconds, after that it seems like their Awareness drops by about 30 points. An example of this is slant routes vs man. The receiver will not get open till he gets between the hashes. I guess that would be a complaint.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:21 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
The cpu covers routes extraordinarily for 3 seconds, after that it seems like their Awareness drops by about 30 points. An example of this is slant routes vs man. The receiver will not get open till he gets between the hashes. I guess that would be a complaint.
turn your game difficulty up...worked for me when i saw this.
Old 08-16-2007, 01:40 AM   #5
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by simgameonly
I actually enjoy the "more difficult" aspect of the passing game for the user In NCAA08 and was wondering if Madden also demanded the user play smarter. I am not speaking of what the cpu does(excessive intercpetion complaint), simply if it feels like the user must play smarter football. If someone could confirm I would appreciate it.
I think its a mixed bag, the receivers and back i feel do the routes similar. Backs running the route out of bounds at times, etc but the bigger difference to me is the QB is more accurate (and more touch on passes) and the CBs seem to not be as superhuman. So overall, i would say Madden passing is better but really its mainly just the QB in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 04:11 AM   #6
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

I dont like the fact you cannot pass over the top any more, at least on all-pro and higher. Its tipped and swatted everytime. Fly routes also are dead. You figure at least once you would be able to throw deep, especially when you see your WR out pacing the DB. But again if you throw it, it will be knocked down on the deep lob. Even playaction fly routes do not work.
Old 08-16-2007, 04:15 AM   #7
Chelsea, Assemble!

Altimus's Arena

OVR: 58

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
I dont like the fact you cannot pass over the top any more, at least on all-pro and higher. Its tipped and swatted everytime. Fly routes also are dead. You figure at least once you would be able to throw deep, especially when you see your WR out pacing the DB. But again if you throw it, it will be knocked down on the deep lob. Even playaction fly routes do not work.
I've had some success throwing over the top but only with speed receivers like Berrian and Hester.

Unfortunately Hester always drops them when he gets hit.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:44 AM   #8
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

No the passing game is not. It's more fun and actually more realistic then NCAA. In NCAA it's a route game in Madden 08 you can really just throw the ball wherever you want kinda like in Winning Eleven where you can shoot at the goal anywhere you want

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »