Home

Eli Manning (Passing) 360

This is a discussion on Eli Manning (Passing) 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #1
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18
Eli Manning (Passing) 360

I am having trouble with accuracy with Eli Manning in my franchise with the Giants (all pro, default sliders, 6 minute quarters). Actually passing is pretty tough period. Well, in my last game I began to focus on Eli taking his drop and planting his feet before I throw and it appears to help his accuracy. I had gotten used to being able to pass while on the move with any quarterback in previous Maddens. Is this peculiar to Eli or has EA made passing more realistic in this sense?

By the way Springs is a monster at corner even though he has no Icon. I could not complete an out on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #2
Some say he...

kerosene31's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Eli Manning (Passing) 360

I can't get my passes to go anywhere near where I want them with Losman and the Bills. Only played two games so far. You try to run a quick slant and put the ball out in front of the receiver, and it ends up going back towards the chasing defender.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #3
R**k**

whosgotcha's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
I can't get my passes to go anywhere near where I want them with Losman and the Bills. Only played two games so far. You try to run a quick slant and put the ball out in front of the receiver, and it ends up going back towards the chasing defender.

I will consider these things good if there is a difference in Eli's and Losman's passing accuracy versus Peyton Manning's accuracy when a human is using them.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:48 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosgotcha
I am having trouble with accuracy with Eli Manning in my franchise with the Giants (all pro, default sliders, 6 minute quarters). Actually passing is pretty tough period. Well, in my last game I began to focus on Eli taking his drop and planting his feet before I throw and it appears to help his accuracy. I had gotten used to being able to pass while on the move with any quarterback in previous Maddens. Is this peculiar to Eli or has EA made passing more realistic in this sense?

By the way Springs is a monster at corner even though he has no Icon. I could not complete an out on him.
You're using the wrong NY franchise is the problem. You should be using the Jets according to your avatar.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
what i like to do in situation like taht is hold the direction of where i want to lead the receiver. Example on a deep post I see the safety to the right ahead of the WR but I know if I just throw the ball it will lead and go to the spot of the safety. What I do is throw the bal while holding the left direction and it throws it at the WR instead of leading him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
I think its one of the bigger problems with the passing game. The Collision detection is a tad weak as you'll see the DB go thru the receivers arms often. Here is an example- i run a slant with C Johnson, the DB is behind him and a step back. I throw in front of Chad. The DB not only caught up to chad but basically goes thru his arms to pick it off. The DB if he was to pick it should have had to cut in front of Johnson. The WR fighting for the ball or the collision detection increased would stop alot of ints.

Also, the LBs cover to well in general. I could see the SLB covering well but in general the LBs react to quickly and deeply (including the jumping abilities) which means your squeezing the ball into smaller spots.

The momentum system also needs some work- i am sure you have seen the example of the DB is sprinting with the WR, somehow knows the ball is thrown- stops on a dime turns around and jumps forward 5 yards.

Overall, i am not seeing insane amounts of picks but some feel pretty cheap. So better collision detection, better momentum and more realistic LB coverage would be the focus for me.
Old 08-16-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosgotcha

haha, that part made me laugh

Dan Marino
Shannon Sharpe

Lem Barney
Elvin Bethea
Joey Browner

Clyde Simmons
Pete Metzelaars
Eugene Robinson
Terry McDaniel
Rob Moore
Alvin Harper
Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by x south x
haha, that part made me laugh
I agree man, hilarious, i laughed too

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »