Home

Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ????

This is a discussion on Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 03:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ????

halos -

Correct me if I'm wrong - but here's my idea based on your suggestions ...

1) I create a profile called "Madden" on my 360
2) I sign in to that profile and load Madden
3) I create a franchise with 4 teams selected for me and my buddies
4) Save it
5) Insert memory card
6) Put the "Madden" profile onto the card, as well as the franchise file
7) Use the xchange software to make an image of my memory card onto my PC
8) Take the memory card to my friends house - and copy over the Profile and the franchise
9) When I get home, I re-load the image of the memory card from my PC onto my card
10) Insert memory card into 360 and copy the profile and franchise back onto the 360

At this point my buddy and I both have that same profile on our 360's so we should be able to send JUST franchise files to each other and load/save them while under that profile - is that correct?? Or do you think that won't work and we'll have to include the actual single profile each time??

I am including the PC backup steps because if I remember correctly, you can't "copy" a profile to a memory card - you have to "move" it and then it removes it from your 360 until you "move" it back ... is that right??

Thanks again for your input - let me know what you think of my idea!!!
Old 08-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
Rookie

*bump*
Old 08-17-2007, 04:43 PM   #11
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Me and my nephews just made a seperate profile called FAM on each of our consoles. When created our franchise on my system after logging into the FAM profile. We can send it back and forth with no problems working on either system FAM profile.

So no you do not have to send the profile each time you send each other the file if you all have a profile with the exact same name and the dynasty is created while logged into one of them.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

Last edited by Skyboxer; 08-17-2007 at 04:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #12
Rookie

Awe .... some ... !!

Thanks!!
Old 08-17-2007, 10:19 PM   #13
Rookie

PrynceKee's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveox650
I think this should work.

1. Create Franchise
2. Save the franchise to your profile.
3. Sign out of your profile, with out exiting the franchise.
4. Save Franchise to generic/common profile (i.e. create one called Player 1)
5. Save Generic Profile and Franchise(the one that was saved to the generica profile) to memory card.
6. Copy to computer and email.
7. Have the 2nd person load the franchise up with the generica profile.
8. Have 2nd person sign out of generic profile and sign in with therirs, and save franchise to their profile.

Then just repeat the steps for each person thats involved in the franchise.
When you signout of a profile in Madden it takes you out of whatever you were in I believe so this won't work.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:18 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrynceKee
When you signout of a profile in Madden it takes you out of whatever you were in I believe so this won't work.
It does actually work - however its easier to just create the generic profile and send it to the person with the file the first time - then both of you just play your madden games under the generic profile so after its sent once and each of you then have a copy of the profile - you both can use it and then its just a matter of the franchise file being sent back and forth. I got this to work over the weekend - THANKFULLY!! So, anyone else having the same issue I was originally having I can tell you this works - and I'd be glad to explain exactly how we got it to work if you need.

Thanks!
Old 08-20-2007, 07:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

I'd love to know as well.

I have an existing franchise that I want to give to my brother who has his own team. After the fact, i created a new 360 profile named 'Madden'. As my default 360 profile, I booted Madden up, loaded franchise then logged out and signed in as my new "Madden" profile. I re-saved the franchise.

I went to copy overe the profile to the card and it only gives me the option to move it.

Any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
I'd love to know as well.

I have an existing franchise that I want to give to my brother who has his own team. After the fact, i created a new 360 profile named 'Madden'. As my default 360 profile, I booted Madden up, loaded franchise then logged out and signed in as my new "Madden" profile. I re-saved the franchise.

I went to copy overe the profile to the card and it only gives me the option to move it.

Any ideas?
Yep - profiles can only be moved .... HOWEVER ... if you use the XChange software to make an image of you card after you move the profile to it - then email that image to your brother - he can load it up on his card and then move the profile over to his 360 and you've still got the exact same profile loaded on your card - just move yours back to your 360 and you can each have the exact same profile loaded on both 360's ... the systems don't realize there is a duplicate because they are offline profiles and the machines don't know anything about each other. That's how my buddy and I got it to finally work! We've been sending files every day now for about a week and no issues.

NOTE: Now that you both have the profile - you don't need to send it to each other anymore after the first time - just send the franchise file and make sure you both load/play/save that franchise under that profile...

Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »