Home

Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ????

This is a discussion on Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ????

Guys - I am going to call Microsoft and try to talk to someone to get an explanation of how to do this - but knowing their lack of customer service helpfulness - I was hoping someone here would already know - you guys know everything around here!!

Real quick scoop - I'm SURE some of you guys do this too ... my buddies and I have played Franchise together for 5 years now - each of us 4 controls a team and we play and then get together for offseasons and such ... well how we get things done is by transferring the file to our PC and then emailing and then loading up from there and we send it back and forth to each other throughout the season.. then get together for the group stuff ... WELL - now MS has the security set in to where you can't copy files between profiles ... so we're stuck - we can't pass the file around ... we're obviously not trying to cheat anything or trick-out anything for online play - just share the seasons with each other ...

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE WORKAROUND FOR THIS YET??? PLEASE!!!!

THANKS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 10:37 AM   #2
Pro

SportGamer24's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Can't copy Franchise/Roster between profiles ????

I think you need to also transfer the user profile who the franchise was started with.

So if you started it, email the madden franchise save, as well as your user profile. Then your friend needs to download the user profile and the save. Your profile must be loaded on his machine before he loads the madden franchise.

Make sense?

Let me know if works
Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #3
Rookie

So I just spoke to MS and they said this is IMPOSSIBLE to do now - and the latest update to my console locked it out ..... SOOOOO - you can't transfer saves between 360's AT ALL anymore ...

I've only been doing this for 5 years now and its basically the sole reason I have a 360 and buy games like Madden and NCAA ....

Someone out there has to be smarter than MS - does anyone have any input???

THANKS!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportGamer24
I think you need to also transfer the user profile who the franchise was started with.

So if you started it, email the madden franchise save, as well as your user profile. Then your friend needs to download the user profile and the save. Your profile must be loaded on his machine before he loads the madden franchise.

Make sense?

Let me know if works
My buddy and I do the same every year. I haven't tried this with Madden, but I'm fairly certain it will work, because we did it with NCAA.

Just copy the profile from the XBOX where the Franchise was started to each of the other 3 machines. Before you fire up Madden, log into this "shared" profile from the dashboard. You should then be able to play.

You can also retrieve the profile if you are on XBL by doing the recover gamertag option. Of course, you'll need the email/password of each profile.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17
My buddy and I do the same every year. I haven't tried this with Madden, but I'm fairly certain it will work, because we did it with NCAA.

Just copy the profile from the XBOX where the Franchise was started to each of the other 3 machines. Before you fire up Madden, log into this "shared" profile from the dashboard. You should then be able to play.

You can also retrieve the profile if you are on XBL by doing the recover gamertag option. Of course, you'll need the email/password of each profile.

Hope this helps!
halos - Please tell me you did this with NCAA this year ... ?? We have been struggling with NCAA as well - and I hope you have just solved my problem ... Please let me know! THANKS buddy!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

yes, 08.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:18 PM   #7
Rookie

PrynceKee's Arena

OVR: 4

Yea, me and two other friends do this every year and found out the hard way it didn't work this year. So we had to create a dummy profile and leave it on the memory card along with a franchise created under the profile. I really wish there is a way to play under our own gamertags. I would love to earn my achievements throughout the season under my own. Would it work if we all moved our Xbox 360 gamertags over to the memory card and each loaded them up while we pick teams and do trades with 3 controllers? Then after that transfer the gamertags back to the HDD then we'll be able to move the franchise over?
Old 08-17-2007, 03:10 PM   #8
Rookie

daveox650's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrynceKee
I really wish there is a way to play under our own gamertags. I would love to earn my achievements throughout the season under my own.
I think this should work.

1. Create Franchise
2. Save the franchise to your profile.
3. Sign out of your profile, with out exiting the franchise.
4. Save Franchise to generic/common profile (i.e. create one called Player 1)
5. Save Generic Profile and Franchise(the one that was saved to the generica profile) to memory card.
6. Copy to computer and email.
7. Have the 2nd person load the franchise up with the generica profile.
8. Have 2nd person sign out of generic profile and sign in with therirs, and save franchise to their profile.

Then just repeat the steps for each person thats involved in the franchise.
NCAA - Kentucky Wildcats

"all this... might just be an elaborate simulation running inside a little device... sitting on someone's table.."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »