Home

Bring Back the Kicking Meter!

This is a discussion on Bring Back the Kicking Meter! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 05:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Bring Back the Kicking Meter!

I think EA should give options like 2K does with it's pitching meter, obviously EA wont do that because in baseball you pitch all game in football you kick once in a while. When EA first introduced that kick meter in Arena Football (the first game) it was kinda hard to get used to, I liked it because it did make FG kicking, feel like it would actually feel in the AFL but it pissed me me off because it was hard to get the thing to go straight up so I can either get a touchback or hit the nets needless to say I got alot of penalties for kicking the ball out of bounds into the stands and I didnt really get the feel to about week 11 of my season also I was dead last in FG% and XP% which and I was using one of the AFL's highest rated kickers..

When EA introduced to its outdoor games it was tweaked better, but I still have a too easy of a time in Madden and a too hard of a time in NCAA, due to the hashmarks. In Madde you dont have hard angles to hit, in NCAA you have very hard angles to hit and less talented kickers to do it with. so my percentages in Madden are in the high 90s in NCAA in the mid 60s to low 70s.

IMO EA should tweak it somewhat for both games
Old 08-18-2007, 08:20 AM   #10
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBR
Hell no, I love the analog its the only way I can kick on All-Madden...
ditto
Old 08-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #11
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bears5122
I would personally like an option to have the computer kick for you. Similar to basketball games and free throws that you can set so that the players shoot based on their actual free throw percentages.

After playing enough games, most of us can kick well over 95% of the field goals.
That would be a nice thing I agree.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 11:17 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

you guys are worried about kicking meters v. analog in a 15+ year old franchise that hasn't even accounted for bad snap/holds. Keep dreaming. I love the madden franchise, but i'm left scratching my head over how bad ea has their head up their *** when it comes to this vital part of the game. Even worse the community doesn't seem to care. dissapointing...
Old 08-18-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

i guess the CPU kicking would be a good idea. I think i plan to just siwtch to the CPU immediately after i dont convert on 3rd down in FG range, let the CPU do the kicking for me. disables madden challenge but that was useless anyways
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 PM   #14
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I agree with the OP. The kicking in this game is too easy for HUM. They need to do something to make it more difficult. Putting the KICK ACC at 0 doesn't really make it more difficult. Wind isn't even as big a factor as it used to be with the old kick meter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »