Home

IR issue resolved this year in franchise?

This is a discussion on IR issue resolved this year in franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
IR issue resolved this year in franchise?

I was just curious, if you place a player on IR this year, can you replace his roster spot during the season? I know last year you basically went from 53 players to 52.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 02:45 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: IR issue resolved this year in franchise?

Nope. you still have to drop someone to hire a FA if you have a full roster. playing as Oak, i lost Zach Miller for season, and after putting him on IR, i could not hire another FA TE till i dumped someone else.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:55 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4
Thumbs down Re: IR issue resolved this year in franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraziose
Nope. you still have to drop someone to hire a FA if you have a full roster. playing as Oak, i lost Zach Miller for season, and after putting him on IR, i could not hire another FA TE till i dumped someone else.
inexcusable, **** EA
Old 08-18-2007, 04:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

The only thing that made this ok on the old gen was Madden would give you 55 roster spots... which is 2 more than the 53 in the NFL. Does next gen Madden do this? If they do, then at least it's not as stupid as it could be.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:54 PM   #5
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

I turn the injuries off.

They make the game more complicated roster-wise
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #6
Be Massive

sportsdude's Arena

OVR: 21

wait, this happens? If a player is placed on IR you can't sign a free agent to take his spot?

What year is this, 1985? Come on EA, this is ridiculous. Franchise is one of the main reasons I got this game.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankyTime
The only thing that made this ok on the old gen was Madden would give you 55 roster spots... which is 2 more than the 53 in the NFL. Does next gen Madden do this? If they do, then at least it's not as stupid as it could be.

Not sure if it changes in regular season, i'm just starting my Franchise and still in pre-season, and I have a 55 man roster. I'm on the 360 btw.
Old 08-18-2007, 06:50 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by utorde
Not sure if it changes in regular season, i'm just starting my Franchise and still in pre-season, and I have a 55 man roster. I'm on the 360 btw.
Okay... well for some reason I assume this has always been Madden's fix to clearing a roster spot. You basically have 2 extra spots to work with. Of course, it's not uncommon to have more than 2 guys on the IR.

I just don't think EA will ever have a completely realistic game. In all my years, I can never think of an EA sports game that has all the ins and outs of a sports franchise. MVP was a great game, but it had nothing like all the behind the scenes GM stuff.

I'm thoroughly convinced that it would take another company to fit all the NFL front office things into a video game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »