Home

Vision Cone (NG)

This is a discussion on Vision Cone (NG) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Vision Cone (NG)

Is there a way to turn the vision cone on so that you don't have to hit the R stick (PS3) after the snap to get it to pop up?

Also, how do you center the vision cone to the middle of the field pre-snap so it's not locked onto an individual receiver? You could do that last year, at least...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Vision Cone (NG)

Question 1: If you bring up the coach cam/ play art , you can press the button of a reciever who you want to be the primary target, and the cone will begin on him.

I have no answer to the second.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #3
Rookie

I already know how to assign the cone to an individual receiver. I was wondering how to put it in the middle of the field like you could last year, that way it's not locked on any one particular wideout.

I hate how you have to hit the R stick to get the cone to come up...it is a wasted second.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

how was it done last year?
Old 08-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
Rookie

You know, I really can't remember. I played the CG version last year. I am positive you could do it, though.

I don't see any settings to turn the cone on automatically, either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 01:56 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

They removed this option cone so the game appeals to the more casual gamer. I use the cone on current gen and love the extra challange it adds to one of the most complicated postions in sports, the qb. I don't think you should be able to facing any direction and throw the ball the opposite way. Atleast with the cone there was a emulation of were the qb's vision was.

Too many people complained about the cone so EA dumbed it down.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
They removed this option cone so the game appeals to the more casual gamer. I use the cone on current gen and love the extra challange it adds to one of the most complicated postions in sports, the qb. I don't think you should be able to facing any direction and throw the ball the opposite way. Atleast with the cone there was a emulation of were the qb's vision was.

Too many people complained about the cone so EA dumbed it down.
LOL! That's hilarious.

I'm biased to the other direction because I think the Vision Cone is one of the silliest things ever in a football game (that, Create-a-fan, Weapons, and any number of bad ideas that popped up in APF)...

I'm not a casual gamer by any stretch, and there are plenty hardcores who think it's implementation is poor (in part because it looks ridiculous). There are some better ways to implement the concept I've read people coming up with, but they were creative ideas. Creativity is not exactly the Madden team's strong point, and the result is a cyclops-like beam so bright it can even shine at the same brightness in broad daylight... that's innovation, baby!

There's nothing wrong if you like it, but to say it's decrease is a result of casual fans disliking it, is not accurate. In reality, lots of people don't like it hardcore, casual or otherwise. It's one more of those ideas that nobody was asking for and few people pay attention to anymore.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB16
LOL! That's hilarious.

I'm biased to the other direction because I think the Vision Cone is one of the silliest things ever in a football game (that, Create-a-fan, Weapons, and any number of bad ideas that popped up in APF)...

I'm not a casual gamer by any stretch, and there are plenty hardcores who think it's implementation is poor (in part because it looks ridiculous). There are some better ways to implement the concept I've read people coming up with, but they were creative ideas. Creativity is not exactly the Madden team's strong point, and the result is a cyclops-like beam so bright it can even shine at the same brightness in broad daylight... that's innovation, baby!

There's nothing wrong if you like it, but to say it's decrease is a result of casual fans disliking it, is not accurate. In reality, lots of people don't like it hardcore, casual or otherwise. It's one more of those ideas that nobody was asking for and few people pay attention to anymore.
First of all starting out your post by laughing at someone else's opinion doesn't help your cause.

A big reason of why you don't like it is because you think it looks ridiculous? That's all I really need to know. Basically everything in madden uses some kind of artificial visual overlay.

From the passing icons, to the abilty to see and change your receiver routes, and see a visual representation of all your defensive assignements. Those all could be described in the manner that you described the passing cone. Not to mention you football games are played from and out of the body view point. So man things in football games aren't exactly like real life.

It does turn off casual gamers because their become accostumed to simple one button control that hasn't evolved since the dawn of football games.

Another game also had added a great control innovation of the qb postion was NFL Fever 2004.

Last edited by maddenps2; 08-19-2007 at 06:07 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »