Home

Am I the only person who prefers 06's play out of the box?

This is a discussion on Am I the only person who prefers 06's play out of the box? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Am I the only person who prefers 06's play out of the box?

OK, I know I'm about to get slammed and flamed, but still. I was one of the few who really enjoyed Madden 06 (EA's inaugural effort on the 360) back 2 years ago. When 07 came out, I felt like the graphics took a little hit at the expense of faster and smoother gameplay. But still, I felt like running and passing was better in 06 than 07. Then with Madden 08, the beta for this year, I really hated the glitchy play even though it has a "buttery 60 FPS."

I decided to play a game (Me as Bengals vs. CPU Steelers) on all 3 titles. I played on all pro, 5 min quarters, no sliders, for all 3 games.

Madden 06 gave unbelievably real sim performance and stats.
Madden 07 gave relatively similar stats although it was much more difficult getting the ball to Rudi and Ocho Cinco.
Madden 08 was ridiculous. A turnover fest with blatantly un-sim results. Sure the gameplay is faster but who wants to abide by a set of self-made rules in order to have a half-way decent gaming experience. Why should I have to challenge fumbles on the CPU's behalf?

Anyway, I thought 06 trumped 08 in terms of gameplay feel and graphics. I know there are those who will swear by the EA hype machine that this year's graphics are better. But they are not. Go into replays in both games and show me otherwise.

Anyway, I'll duck for cover now as the arrows are launched at me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Am I the only person who prefers 06's play out of the box?

I bought 2006 used and it might have been the worst $35 I've ever spent. Different strokes for different folks I guess.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

08' despite its flaws is better than 06' bro.......IMO.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I will say this - I have had much better results now having implemented sliders. I still hope a patch is coming. I so badly want to like this game.
Old 08-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

I liked both. I did play several seasons on 06 franchise, which is rare for me. Enough that Carnell Williams showed up on the all-time leading rusher's list.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »