Home

PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available...

This is a discussion on PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2007, 03:00 PM   #73
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: PS2 version still the best version available...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
Why they changed the control/button scheme is beyond me. It feels clumsy to me as well...it's like I'm try to learn how to play a different game. We've spent nearly 10 years with what is considered a standard Madden control scheme and now they move our cheese like that...lame.
I agree. It was a dumb move and there should have been two built-in controller configurations - new and classic. That said, you can edit your controller configuration to go back to the old way and that's what I did.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #74
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: PS2 and XBOX versions still the best versions available...

I'm torn as heck about what to do. Return my 360 Madden for the PS2 one? The franschise this will KILL this game for me on 360 if it isn't fixed.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 09-05-2007, 03:08 PM   #75
Hall of Fame

JohnDoe8865's Arena

OVR: 59

I am finding that I do miss the HD graphics of the 360 version as I play more and more of the Xbox version, I'll admit. The graphics on XBox on my big screen look like a middle of the road PC game. That said, the franchise on 360 is really bad and the game play so much tighter on Xbox that I really enjoy playing the uglier game. I'm torn.

NFL - Carolina Panthers
NBA - Charlotte Hornets
MLB - Cincinnati Reds
College Basketball - Wake Forest
NCAA Football - Appalachian State
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2007, 03:11 PM   #76
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

I really wish a lot of you werent such graphic whores and just enjoy a bug free smoother playing ps2/xbox madden instead of just going on about the graphics.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:24 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoe8865
I am finding that I do miss the HD graphics of the 360 version as I play more and more of the Xbox version, I'll admit. The graphics on XBox on my big screen look like a middle of the road PC game. That said, the franchise on 360 is really bad and the game play so much tighter on Xbox that I really enjoy playing the uglier game. I'm torn.
Why not try the PC version then? It plays much like the XBOX/PS2 version and looks a lot better due to the higher resolution.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #78
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

I got over the subpar graphics after the first quarter of my functional franchise team.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:48 PM   #79
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanDC8
Ok, see, I have no problem deciding which way to do stiff arms, hurdling, trucking, etc. with the 360. I don't believe there is anything wrong with it at all. In fact, it's more like the last-gen versions than 06 and 07 were. To say the PS2 version has superior control is a bit of an overstatement. No it's obviously not terrible, but it's not nearly as good as the PC, which is essentially the same build.

On a different note, I do like that in the next-gen versions, players actually look like their real-life counterparts and not generic. Graphically, the uniforms are dull as are the helmets, and the animations look very generic, meaning that all players pretty much run the same, etc. There are some subtle animations differences between running styles and such in the next-gen. Now I've played many games where gameplay is incredible, but if the graphics are lacking, it does take away from the overall experience, and vice-versa. It's all a matter of personal opinion, but I feel as though the 360 version handles and plays beautifully. Everyone is entitled to their opinions though.

A majority of the faces look nothing like there real life couterparts. I couldn't believe how bad they did with favre. Graphics don't take anyway from me enjoying the game. The QB's in next gen all drop back the same and have generic throwing animations. The Running backs don't really have there real life running tendencies besides big back vs small back. The historic players all have generic movement and faces. The are nothing but generic players with high ratings.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:57 PM   #80
MVP

grismosw's Arena

OVR: 15

I'll probably end up getting the PS2 version used, I won't buy a new version...I'm not looking to add to EA's pockets.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »