Home

So is there a patch coming?

This is a discussion on So is there a patch coming? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 14
So is there a patch coming?

Has there been any confirmation on this and when and what it will fix? I know there was a littly blurb on maddenmania how they were patching the online issues, and the servers would be down for 24 hours, but that appears to have been fixed. Is there another patch coming to fix the int issues and stuff or is this just people misinformed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 9
Re: So is there a patch coming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
Has there been any confirmation on this and when and what it will fix? I know there was a littly blurb on maddenmania how they were patching the online issues, and the servers would be down for 24 hours, but that appears to have been fixed. Is there another patch coming to fix the int issues and stuff or is this just people misinformed?
If you are waiting for an official EA patch that would affect the gameplay, you will be waiting a very, very long time....

The online "patches" that have been released - including last year's "fatigue" patch and all roster updates - are very much cosmetic things. If you are talking about something that affects the way teh CPU plays the game, then you are talking about something EA has ZERO intentions of actually attempting - that would be in essence rewriting part of the game code and that just won't happen because it is A) very time consuming and B) very expensive.

75-80% of all units of Madden NFL 2008 that will EVER be sold are already in our homes now....there is no financial incentive to spending more money on a game that people have already bought....doesn't make it right, just makes it the way things are....
Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #3
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker8
I'm wondering the same thing. Unlike last year, when there was a huge uproar about the fatigue issue, EA reps did respond and announced rather quickly that a patch was in the works. It doesn't seem like that this year. Besides the one article (I don't remember which one, but I do remember reading it) that stated EA knew about the turnover issue and were working on a patch pre-release, we haven't really heard from any EA reps directly confirming this information.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:26 PM   #4
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

Sadly, Moostache is 100% correct. Am i crazy, because i could have sworn i remember one of the producers telling IGN or someone that they knew the fumbles were a problem....and they were working on a patch pre-release even. Was that an ugly rumor?
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #5
Banned

Several posters had said EA plans to make a patch for the turnover issues though. That's why I'm a little confused. Is that happening or isn't it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache
If you are waiting for an official EA patch that would affect the gameplay, you will be waiting a very, very long time....
The patch is called Madden 09.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moostache

The online "patches" that have been released - including last year's "fatigue" patch and all roster updates - are very much cosmetic things. If you are talking about something that affects the way teh CPU plays the game, then you are talking about something EA has ZERO intentions of actually attempting - that would be in essence rewriting part of the game code and that just won't happen because it is A) very time consuming and B) very expensive.

75-80% of all units of Madden NFL 2008 that will EVER be sold are already in our homes now....there is no financial incentive to spending more money on a game that people have already bought....doesn't make it right, just makes it the way things are....
So to make it short,

"You got OWNED by EA"

thats basically what that means i think.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM   #8
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
Sadly, Moostache is 100% correct. Am i crazy, because i could have sworn i remember one of the producers telling IGN or someone that they knew the fumbles were a problem....and they were working on a patch pre-release even. Was that an ugly rumor?
Yeah, must've been the typical pre-release BS that we hear every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »