Home

Going up and getting the ball?

This is a discussion on Going up and getting the ball? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

nastyshoes69's Arena

OVR: 3
Going up and getting the ball?

I've tried with many great recivers (chad johnson, T.O, etc) and cant not for the life of me go up and actually leave the air and cath the ball, or even reach their hands up. The Db's just usually jump and swat it down. Is their a method to doing this and if so can someone plz help me, thx!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 PM   #2
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Going up and getting the ball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyshoes69
I've tried with many great recivers (chad johnson, T.O, etc) and cant not for the life of me go up and actually leave the air and cath the ball, or even reach their hands up. The Db's just usually jump and swat it down. Is their a method to doing this and if so can someone plz help me, thx!
Try the Lions and just WATCH Calvin Johnson climb the ladder for the ball. No trick to it - happens most of the time on a lobbed, arcing pass. It will happen.

Maybe your problem is that Chad Johnson does not really "leap" and T.O won't jump or extend his arms because he is scared of getting hit?
Old 08-20-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 8

when the pass is coming hit the strafe button and then hit the Y button... he should leap up for the ball
Old 08-20-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona
Try the Lions and just WATCH Calvin Johnson climb the ladder for the ball. No trick to it - happens most of the time on a lobbed, arcing pass. It will happen.

Maybe your problem is that Chad Johnson does not really "leap" and T.O won't jump or extend his arms because he is scared of getting hit?

I dont know. I've been playing as the Lions for a few days (10 games or so) and, when I throw deep passes to either Williams or Johnson, they just stick their arms out in front of them as if they expect the pass to fall right in their laps while the DB aggressively jumps to swat it. I've not once seen either leap for a ball. Maybe it's because i don't change to them but it's a little frustrating. The one time I completed a deep pass down the sideline was when the ball was actually thrown perfectly over Johnson's shoulder in front of him.
Old 08-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by arichzona

Chad Johnson does leap, His jump is really high...... You are right that Calvin Johnson jumps 50 ft. in the air! I can get the WR's to jump really high just by throwing a bullet thrown high down field. You can make the guy jump yourself by strafe catching, but if you aren't good at it, more often than not it will be intercepted. If you are good at it, have fun making people hate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 AM   #6
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jooler
when the pass is coming hit the strafe button and then hit the Y button... he should leap up for the ball
what he said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »