Home

EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

This is a discussion on EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2007, 04:48 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 12
EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

From Maxconsole.
"EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

Bgmnt of the MaxConsole Forums recently shot an e-mail over to EA regarding the fact that all the players are the same height in Madden 08 on the Wii. EA responded by stating that they understand this can be frustrating when the customer is looking for 'realism' but unfortunately a lack of disc space prevented EA from including details such as dynamic player heights."

This makes me laugh and hurt at the same time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
From Maxconsole.
"EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

Bgmnt of the MaxConsole Forums recently shot an e-mail over to EA regarding the fact that all the players are the same height in Madden 08 on the Wii. EA responded by stating that they understand this can be frustrating when the customer is looking for 'realism' but unfortunately a lack of disc space prevented EA from including details such as dynamic player heights."

That is the lamest excuse ever.

The PS2 uses dvds. It has varying player heights. The Wii uses dvds... what the heck did they fill all that space with?
Old 08-21-2007, 07:17 AM   #3
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: EA: All players on Madden 08 Wii are the same height due to disc size limitations

I seriously could not give a **** less. The game is excellent, and seems to be the best version gameplay-wise so far. Who cares?
Old 08-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
MVP

Chrono's Arena

OVR: 8

Kind of funny how i've been playing for a week and never even noticed this! No biggie... I didn't buy the game for its graphics.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:38 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

This would not be so bad, except that I read that the player height they're using is about 2 1/2 feet tall, with giant balloon heads. That's not realistic at all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2007, 09:00 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenps2
From Maxconsole.

Well, if you purchased a Wii then you're pretty much asking for it.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 8

Seriously, how can this be true when the Xbox 360 version uses higher resolution and has more features than the Wii version? Aren't both systems using the same disc format?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:32 AM   #8
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

If it is anything like the PC version, player height is stored as a two digit integer, representing inches. That's 2 bytes of data per player. If you had 2000 players on a roster, that's 4000 bytes of data, or just under 4KB of data just for player height.

That's a valid excuse perhaps on a Sega Genesis cartridge. On a DVD disc? um, no.

It's confusing because, you have to wonder what the real reason was, as you'd think they had to actually take it out since the code they were porting would have already had it. Very strange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »