Home

Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week

This is a discussion on Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 08:59 AM   #25
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden sold over 1.75 million in the 1st week

I like the PC version because I don't see as much CPU AI cheating like I do on higher levels of the current version. Beyond that the game is not a turnover fest like on the x360/ps3. I'm just saying people aren't moaning just to moan, they have reasonable gripes with the game. As you can see I'm not a 2k fanboy, infact, I have the PC version of Madden and it will do for my fill of NFL football this year. You just don't seem to understand people do have reasonable gripes with this years version of Madden this is turning them off..

Last edited by UNC_Pete; 08-23-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 AM   #26

OVR: 34

Comparing Madden sales to APF is like comparing Coca-Cola sales to my local grocery store's brand of cola.

It's two different worlds.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:09 AM   #27
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dQbell
Comparing Madden sales to APF is like comparing Coca-Cola sales to my local grocery store's brand of cola.

It's two different worlds.

Exactly. NOBODY in their right mind expected APF to come anywhere close to Madden sales. Why anyone would think differently is beyond me.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
I like the PC version because I don't see as much CPU AI cheating like I do on higher levels of the current version. Beyond that the game is not a turnover fest like on the x360/ps3. I'm just saying people aren't moaning just to moan, they have reasonable gripes with the game. As you can see I'm not a 2k fanboy, infact, I have the PC version of Madden and it will due for my fill of NFL football this year. You just don't seem to understand people do have reasonable gripes with this years version of Madden this is turning them off..

no dont put words in my mouth... I never said that there is nothign wrong with madden... no video game is perfect but i can assure you that more then half of the complaints are beyond resonable

1. fumbles
2. stat glitches in franchise mode

those to me are the only legit complaints to have after a week for those that actually buy a game to play it

when you start to ask for patches because you throw picks and the db makes a great play on you... that is not a gripe that is a lack of skill for the higher levels

because you can find plenty of players that can pass on all madden level.. so if they can so can those who struggle on it and then just go on boards to claim that the game is broken

I remember a few years ago when Ray Lewis was on the cover... everybody was moaning that it was to hard and fake on all madden... but that was the first month and then everybody was loving it and saying that it grew on them and they got better

is the same thing every year... and it will be the same for every year...

You think a huge amount of people are going to come to a board to complain about

1. sock colors

2. cpu vs cpu play

3. edit glitche where arms turn big

I mean come on... how old do you have to be to moan about that when you should worry about gameplay for the most part
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 AM   #29
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

Well yeah. People crave Madden, it's been there football game for DECADES. They are the only NFL product in town.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:11 AM   #30
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

Well my gripes are game AI being broken to make the game difficult. The PC version with a good set of sliders overcomes this.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:13 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Well my gripes are game AI being broken to make the game difficult. The PC version with a good set of sliders overcomes this.

True dat !
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 AM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

NCAA sales figures were down from last year more than this I believe. I don't think EA minds too much since the next gen sales are up a lot more and they also sell for more money. Profitability might actually be better this year - who knows?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »