Home

SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please.

This is a discussion on SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SIM Stats - Coach Scheme/RB Ratio Solution, please.

There is a work around for the QB's, but it is time consuming and would require you to have reworked NCAA draft classes as well. If you take all the starting QB ratings down 7-10 points they will throw for less yards and more INTs. Ex. Brady and Manning are 99 OVR, bring them down to 92, and instead of 5000yds 55 TDs and 4 INTS you get 4000yds 35TDs and 10INTS. Do it across the board so that everybody is equal and just make sure your starter is always at least 2-3 points ahead of your back up. Going one step further Testaverde and Carr are both 82 OVR for Carolina, I would make Testaverde a 75 and Carr a 72. Their QB ratings will stay in the 70-80 range instead of 80-90s range. If you're going to be playing games, you'll need to adjust sliders down on the DBs to account for the INT imbalance, but this usually isn't too big of a problem.

One more note: If you're doing draft classes and you have a copy of NCAA as well, you should also reduce the 10 Best QB's in your NCAA draft class 7-10 pts. That will prevent Chad Henne and Colt McCoy coming out at 87OVR as rookies, which is obviously unrealistic. I would also jack up 5 players who aren't at the top of your NCAA ratings at every position other than QB, Especially at linebacker. This will prevent all of the LB prospects in a given draft from being 4th-5th round and lower.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:13 PM   #50
Rookie

roos1048's Arena

OVR: 5

nice
Old 12-05-2007, 01:39 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstampede

One more note: If you're doing draft classes and you have a copy of NCAA as well, you should also reduce the 10 Best QB's in your NCAA draft class 7-10 pts. That will prevent Chad Henne and Colt McCoy coming out at 87OVR as rookies, which is obviously unrealistic. I would also jack up 5 players who aren't at the top of your NCAA ratings at every position other than QB, Especially at linebacker. This will prevent all of the LB prospects in a given draft from being 4th-5th round and lower.
Do you do this on NCAA in the rosters before you even start a dynasty, or is there a way to edit the players after the draft class has been determined on NCAA/Madden? So basically what I'm asking is... when, or at what stage, do you edit the NCAA players? Just wondering.

Last edited by jpcool202020; 12-05-2007 at 03:33 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2007, 12:16 AM   #52
Commitment to Excellence

Howie75's Arena

OVR: 13

Does anyone know if supersim will yield the same results as regular simming with these adjustments??

Is there any difference?
Old 12-25-2007, 08:35 PM   #53
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpcool202020
Do you do this on NCAA in the rosters before you even start a dynasty, or is there a way to edit the players after the draft class has been determined on NCAA/Madden? So basically what I'm asking is... when, or at what stage, do you edit the NCAA players? Just wondering.
im pretty sure hes talking about doing it before u start a season in Ncaa but what he said might actually work but i heard that the draft classes were random

Virginia Tech Hokies 11-3
Los Angeles Lakers 24-11
North Carolina Tarheels #1 17-0

The Games I'm Currently Playing
Nba 2k8
Madden Nfl 08
Ncaa Football 08

Old 12-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudstampede
There is a work around for the QB's, but it is time consuming and would require you to have reworked NCAA draft classes as well. If you take all the starting QB ratings down 7-10 points they will throw for less yards and more INTs. Ex. Brady and Manning are 99 OVR, bring them down to 92, and instead of 5000yds 55 TDs and 4 INTS you get 4000yds 35TDs and 10INTS. Do it across the board so that everybody is equal and just make sure your starter is always at least 2-3 points ahead of your back up. Going one step further Testaverde and Carr are both 82 OVR for Carolina, I would make Testaverde a 75 and Carr a 72. Their QB ratings will stay in the 70-80 range instead of 80-90s range. If you're going to be playing games, you'll need to adjust sliders down on the DBs to account for the INT imbalance, but this usually isn't too big of a problem.

but one thing thoe what ratings do u lower typically to get those 7 pts i mean i don't want to lower the players main strength like a qb's throwing power, throwing accuracy, and awareness (if i lower this in madden brady and manning will lose their smart weapons)

and also since the patch has came out would we still have to do this?

Virginia Tech Hokies 11-3
Los Angeles Lakers 24-11
North Carolina Tarheels #1 17-0

The Games I'm Currently Playing
Nba 2k8
Madden Nfl 08
Ncaa Football 08

Old 02-25-2008, 01:29 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 6

If I use this method will the cpu -

Sign coaches ?
sign fa's ?
pick players in the draft ?

I want to try this but not do anything for the cpu after the initial setup.

Is this possible ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2008, 02:14 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by packmanuk
If I use this method will the cpu -

Sign coaches ?
sign fa's ?
pick players in the draft ?

I want to try this but not do anything for the cpu after the initial setup.

Is this possible ?
1. NO!!(This can become very annoying)
2. NO!!(This IS very annoying)
3. YES!!(if you sim every pick other your own)

He has instructions in the inital post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »