Home

**The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread**

This is a discussion on **The OFFICIAL Madden 08 Fumbles/Interceptions Thread** within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2007, 07:21 PM   #65
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: fumbles - a view from both sides (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviousman03
i know fumbles have been a huge problem, and i've seen this written a bunch of times already, but i thought i'd throw my hat into the discussion as well.

it got to the point where i could no longer play the game (i lost to the packers using the chargers after fumbling about 5 different times and losing all 5). i finally decided to take the advice of some of the people on this forum and change my entire running philosophy to "hold down the cover-up button unless i'm absolutely sure i'm in the clear". not only has this helped a ton with the fumbles on my end (i've had two fumbles in the five games since, once with a WR when i wasn't holding the cover-up button and once with Lorenzo Neal), but this has also drastically reduced the number of fumbles i get from the CPU as well.

the only time i saw more than 1 fumble by my opposition since is when i was facing Ahman Green (notorious fumbler). also, holding the cover up button seems to help my running overall. it slows me down just enough to allow my blockers to open lanes, and using it along with the speed burst button seems just as strong as the truck stick (which I almost never use as well).

with how perfectly the game is working for me now, it almost seems like it's not a bug but rather a philosophical change on EA's part. if you think about it, when RB's are running up the gut in the NFL they are always covering the ball up. they only get away from that once they've broken through the first level of defenders so that they can juke and get some more speed. the game works the exact same way. it adds the variable question of "when is it okay to let off the cover-up button?", rather than a running game that equates to "find hole, run towards it". personally, since i've gotten myself used to this, i greatly prefer it, think it's more realistic and hope that there is no patch coming for the fumbles.

Well I'm glad you figured a way around the issue instead of just giving up on the game like so many others. I also would suggest you raise the CPU RB ability slider to about 90 so they wont fumble as much and raise your tackle slider to around the same number, though I have mine at 75, to offset the high CPU RB ability setting. Fumbles will be reduced big time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 07:23 PM   #66
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balboni
ever since turning off the weapons i rarely see fumbles on either side. I have played 18 games total
DEAD ON! I don't even know where the 'cover ball' button is. I've NEVER used it. I turned off the weapons and played three ten minute games and had three fumbles and five interceptions with one of those inteceptions me throwing into double coverage.

Weapons ruin the game. Also I turned off the game play clock to eliminate the quick cpu snaps. Now I can adjust my defenses in plenty of time. By the way, the cpu always snaps within 30 seconds even with the clock turned off. Gotta admit.....I have probably gone over 30 seconds....40 seconds.....60 seconds.....looking for plays. My bad. Yes, I've cheated the cpu, God bless him.

Last edited by Geekboy; 08-23-2007 at 07:25 PM. Reason: add comment
Old 08-23-2007, 07:26 PM   #67
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

To cover the ball press RB but I switched it to the Y button.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 PM   #68
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: SIX Fumbles!!!

Frank Gore is my HB and fumbles at crucial times. The most in one game was 5 and 3 happened inside the goal line.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 PM   #69
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

Turn off weapons.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #70
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
To cover the ball press RB but I switched it to the Y button.
Thanks for the info but I don't need it. Fumbles aren't a problem for me.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:32 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
DEAD ON! I don't even know where the 'cover ball' button is. I've NEVER used it. I turned off the weapons and played three ten minute games and had three fumbles and five interceptions with one of those inteceptions me throwing into double coverage.

Weapons ruin the game. Also I turned off the game play clock to eliminate the quick cpu snaps. Now I can adjust my defenses in plenty of time. By the way, the cpu always snaps within 30 seconds even with the clock turned off. Gotta admit.....I have probably gone over 30 seconds....40 seconds.....60 seconds.....looking for plays. My bad. Yes, I've cheated the cpu, God bless him.
Again imma say this: The weapons are a visual aide nothing more nothing less. They don't do anything but show you what your guy is good at period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 PM   #72
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

I've never had more than 2 fumbles, but I will admit I use RB excessively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »