Home

The new play menu system sucks.

This is a discussion on The new play menu system sucks. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:33 AM   #9
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18
Re: The new play menu system sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
I dunno .. I think it's fine.

Plus if they kept the old playcalling, I can guarantee people would be complaining that they want different playcalling system because of the whole " next-gen " thing
I've gotten used to it and I use it like the old Madden, I pick by formation, but it's nice to also be able to pick by player or by recent plays so it's a nice addition imo.

I do think that defense should get approx 2 more seconds to call especially in online games.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:19 AM   #10
Rookie

DirtySouf's Arena

OVR: 4

The problem I have with the new system is that it always goes back to a default formation so you have to keep scrolling to get to your set... This becomes a problem playing head to head if your opponent changes his sets often... The biggest issue is on 4th down, they take you to punt block sets, you have to back all the way out, go find special teams, and then try to choose a regular punt return formation, all this in about 6 seconds...
Old 08-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #11
Pro

SolidSnake07's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouf
The problem I have with the new system is that it always goes back to a default formation so you have to keep scrolling to get to your set... This becomes a problem playing head to head if your opponent changes his sets often... The biggest issue is on 4th down, they take you to punt block sets, you have to back all the way out, go find special teams, and then try to choose a regular punt return formation, all this in about 6 seconds...

Yeah I hate that. What if I wanna fake punt or fake a FG?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 01:05 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 9

Can't understand HOW you can get delay of game penalties. If you have an IDEA of what u want it should take that long. you're just window shopping.

The playcallign on next gen is brilliant to me. On the old system, u had 3 DISPLAYED plays to choose from and the person could easily tell what u were picking.

On this system, the BLUFF system makes it so that you can pick a play and the only thing your opponent knows is your formation and personnel.

On 07, I thought it was perfect because on 07, I could pick a play out of I formation and select a field goal. That would really throw off an eye hustler.

Let's get the fantasy football section poppin!
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fantasy-football/
Old 08-27-2007, 01:07 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
is it asking to much to be able to highlight 3 plays instead of one like in the older gen consoles? It makes it to easy for someone to know what your running.
There is a BLUFF feature. It pisses me the hell off when people don't understand that.

TO BLUFF a play. Press and hold the A button on the play that you WANT. Continue to scroll through the plays to decoy your opponent. On the play that u want to fake release the A button.

it is SIMPLE, and the person DOES NOT know what u pick. You have a better chance of knowing what a person's play is on old gen than next

Old 08-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtySouf
Which again is why I say 07 had it perfect. 07 took u back to the play that u left off. However, I dont mind that it takes u to the default formation because it gives less chance of a person wanting to run the same play over and over. Also, it makes it so that u select your play a tiny bit later in the play clock because in real life, u dont hike the ball with 35 seconds left on the playclock.

Old 08-27-2007, 01:45 PM   #15
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

07 had the best play buffing system; I am mad that yall dudes cried about it to the point they changed it. :y4:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #16
MVP

capp34's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsdude
Yeah I don't care for it one bit. It's not going to stop me from playing this game, but trying to navigate the different plays and formations has to led to more delay-of-game penalties than I can count.

I feel you brother.

Kings of the Kourt Commissioner

KOTK Discord - https://discord.gg/Swj5cJe

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »