Home

I have fixed the INT/Fumble issue

This is a discussion on I have fixed the INT/Fumble issue within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2007, 11:35 AM   #57
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: I have fixed the INT/Fumble issue

checkout the roster area for details leading up to the file
Old 09-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #58
Pro

OVR: 8

It's not fair to label this a "patch" as while it may correct one issue, it creates multiple others. i.e. the aging and contracts. And also making universal ratings for all players at certain positions takes away from some of the uniqueness that certain players should have, don't think? I don't see it as being fair to lower Champ Bailey's ratings because the game is screwed up. Or to raise the 3rd string RB's for that matter.

I understand the effort, and it's commendable to try and fix it in some way, but still solving one problem and creating others at the same time isn't exactly what I would call a "fix."

The game is fundamentally screwed up, period. And until EA Sports actually implements some type of TRUE quality control testing, things like this are always going to happen.

Seriously, how could someone NOT notice while playing this that fumbles and INT's happen way too much?

Or what happens when you edit a player?

Or the stats for INT's in dynasties?

And so on. I just don't understand how a company which has more or less unlimited amounts of money can allow flaws like this to get through on its UNQUESTIONABLY most popular release.

It's lazy, period.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #59
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
It's not fair to label this a "patch" as while it may correct one issue, it creates multiple others. i.e. the aging and contracts. And also making universal ratings for all players at certain positions takes away from some of the uniqueness that certain players should have, don't think? I don't see it as being fair to lower Champ Bailey's ratings because the game is screwed up. Or to raise the 3rd string RB's for that matter.

I understand the effort, and it's commendable to try and fix it in some way, but still solving one problem and creating others at the same time isn't exactly what I would call a "fix."

The game is fundamentally screwed up, period. And until EA Sports actually implements some type of TRUE quality control testing, things like this are always going to happen.

Seriously, how could someone NOT notice while playing this that fumbles and INT's happen way too much?

Or what happens when you edit a player?

Or the stats for INT's in dynasties?

And so on. I just don't understand how a company which has more or less unlimited amounts of money can allow flaws like this to get through on its UNQUESTIONABLY most popular release.

It's lazy, period.
I take it from a pure gameplay aspect. For me the game's difficulty was inaccuartely spaced out thats all

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »