Home

My Fix for Super DB's!

This is a discussion on My Fix for Super DB's! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
My Fix for Super DB's!

Okay so as we all know, the programming the for defending the pass in very buggy.The defensive players make super human bursts towards the ball. Well I tried to work on this aspect alone, and feel that I've come up with some good results.

All I did was go into the slider Menu and changed the following. Everything else is default at 50/50.

Human / CPU

WR Catching - 0/0
Knockdowns - 0/0
Interceptions - 100/100

After testing numerous games, I only focused on how the defensive players and offensive receivers reacting once the ball was in the air. They acted very realistically IMO. I've seen no unrealistic bursts from both the defenders and receivers. I've also noticed that attributes really take affect on the play on field, the better defender will knockdown more balls or the better receiver will catch more balls when matched up against a inferior counterpart while in man coverage. One big thing however, you have to make ACCURATE throws, this is still improved AI, you cannot play half *** ( especially ALL-Madden), if you put the ball right on the spot, you won't have to worry about a defender making a unrealistic play. Also with interceptions at 100, defenders will almost ALWAYS pick off bad throws. Almost every interception I've thrown has always been legit, with the exceptions of the Defenders making interceptions off of deflections that hit the receiver ( which has more to due with the poor ball physics in the game). I've tried the 50/50 interceptions but I feel that it makes the player too lazy and make too many bad throws, so I'll stick with 100 for now, maybe I might lower later.

Please try these and let me know how it works for you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 12:15 PM   #2
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: My Fix for Super DB's!

I think this game is making us ALL crazy! INT sliders at 100???!!!! Are you out of your mind?!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:42 PM   #3
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I think this game is making us ALL crazy! INT sliders at 100???!!!! Are you out of your mind?!

You EAin't kiddin'
Old 08-28-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

This franchise is becoming a joke. I got Madden early this year, and was impressed initially. My opinion of this year's game has done a complete 360. Madden08 is a broken game in so many ways it's just ridiculous.

Tiborun is a average developer at best (and that's being generous). It took them 3 years to get the game to run at 60fps and IGN and most other major sites claim that 08 is the best ever. These sites had the preview build for over a month! How in the world could you rate this game as high as they did?

I played the game for about 3 days and realised that Ortiz, Ian Cummings and co. had once again over hyped another broken game this year. I have no faith that they will ever turn this franchise around, after the turnover fest they released this year.

Why should they? Sales are through the roof and they sucker dummies (like myself) in every year with the same pre-release hype.

I would hate to play these guys in a game of poker, I would lose everytime.
Old 08-28-2007, 01:34 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

TRY IT before you knock it. I know it sounds crazy but trust me, it works. The crazy interceptions are from the Knockdown sliders not the interceptions, I put it on 100 to make up for no knockdowns, the defenders won't make superhuman bursts or outjump players that they shouldn't. Even then you can play on 50(default setting) interception setting if you want.

Last edited by Steven123; 08-28-2007 at 01:38 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2007, 01:36 PM   #6
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

Nice post ebubbs(btw, not to be stupid, but it's 180, not 360 )...anyway, class action lawsuit anyone? I'm not a lawyer by any means, but does all the "hype" constitute false advertisement? I know they hype the game up every year, and like many, I fall for it. But after being a loyal Madden fan for years, the last few games have left much to be desired. I am starting to think that they(EA) "owe's" me a few greenbacks for falsly claiming that they have features that aren't there and for POSSIBLY paying off reviewers for better scores. There is NO WAY those reviewers who are supposed to be proffessional did not see that there was/is an issue w/ TO's(among other things). I'm done w/ EA, even IF they ever get the Madden series right, they will never see another penny out of my pocket. 'Live, Madden WHATEVER they come out w/ is not going to be purchased and/or brought into my house...

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #7
Cyber Griffin

CFav's Arena

Oh, and thanks Steve for taking your time to come up w/ a work around for this well tested game and it's interception/TO issue(s)...I am just fed up w/ even having to try to find a work around, I believe that once you BUY a FINISHED product, it should be just that...FINISHED...and completely playable (w/ minor tweaks to sliders since everyone has thier own style of play and whatnot, I understand that part of it). But anyway, thanks again for your effort. I'll pass it along to the one friend I have left that still plays the game

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock (Wii)
Transformers: War For Cybertron (DS)
Guitar Hero 5 (Wii)
Band Hero (Wii)
MUA2 (PS3/XBox 360)
Hax Attacks (iPad/iPhone)

Old 08-28-2007, 01:42 PM   #8
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Hype is not false advertising. Hype, or saying your product is the best or whatever is called "puffing" and it is legal. Puffing has held up in court too. You want to say you make "The Best Quality Football Game Since 1987" or something, you can.

Putting stuff on the box that isn't in the game is false advertising. I believe there was an issue with this a few years ago for High Heat on the PC? Something about mouse support?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »